Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 MOA 
 Post subject: MOA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Nothing new here, just a picture for your amusement...

I especially like the "In accordance with..." part.

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MOA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:28 am 
The Man

e5usmc wrote:
Nothing new here, just a picture for your amusement...

I especially like the "In accordance with..." part.

My temptation is a bit of guerilla activism -- print up a bunch of stickers that say something like: "Minn. Stat. 624.714, Subd. 17(e): '(e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or
possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.'"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:38 am 
Forum Moderator

It's not as point-click-make easy as CafePress, but it looks like it would be pretty simple to get a run of 500 black-text-on-white static cling stickers made.

That way if you get caught putting them up they probably couldn't even get a misdemeanor vandalism charge to stick since there's no damage to property. Of course the downside is that they could just as easily peel them off and toss them, but at least you can be a guerilla with a clean record this way..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cheapest I can see is about $200 for the first 125. I'm not THAT interested in tweaking the MOA. :)

On the other hand, Post-it<sup>TM</sup> paper is available for inkjet printers... :)

mobocracy wrote:
It's not as point-click-make easy as CafePress, but it looks like it would be pretty simple to get a run of 500 black-text-on-white static cling stickers made.

That way if you get caught putting them up they probably couldn't even get a misdemeanor vandalism charge to stick since there's no damage to property. Of course the downside is that they could just as easily peel them off and toss them, but at least you can be a guerilla with a clean record this way..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Cheapest I can see is about $200 for the first 125. I'm not THAT interested in tweaking the MOA. :)

On the other hand, Post-it<sup>TM</sup> paper is available for inkjet printers... :)

I think it would be useful to have 50 or so in the car. I see a fair number of multi-tenant buildings improperly posted.

But I'm too much of a goody-twoshoes. I don't think I'd have the cajones to put 'em up. I'm much more interested in guerilla operations concept than execution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:15 pm 

Has anyone here ever open carried to the MOA? I'd love to hear there story.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

simian12 wrote:
Has anyone here ever open carried to the MOA? I'd love to hear there story.
Mike

I know Bruce Kraft did right after he got his permit in 2003. I am sure you can still find the posts about it in the CCRN Yahoo groups archives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:12 am 

Found the posting on CCRn, but still have to wonder what it there position today? I have carried there many a time, but always concealed. I wonder how they would still interpret all of this. It also occurs to me that during this timeframe a lot of the "cooler Heads" were advocating us to just wait and not test the Law. They all said its more prudent to just wait a couple of years until it settles in and then have open carries and the like. Well I guess my question is this...If not not , then when? If not us then who? Its been 2 years and yet there are many "cool heads" out there advocating waiting and not rocking the boat. Well when are we allowed to use the full spectrum of our rights without infringement? Or maybe we should just be thankful that the others can choose for us when we can feel safe and when we can't.
Food for thought,
Mike
PS Our history has been filled with men of cooler hearts and minds who changed nothing...and remained under oppressions thumb.

Post subject: Re: MOA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:05 pm 

joelr wrote:
e5usmc wrote:
My temptation is a bit of guerilla activism -- print up a bunch of stickers that say something like: "Minn. Stat. 624.714, Subd. 17(e): '(e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.'"

This is a good idea... Has anyone brought this to the attention of MOA? I'm certainly not a lawyer but I think this is a very good argument.

What are our chances with this one??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:44 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Chances fighting this one? Not much.

They have been informed that they cannot restrict carry from nearly day one of the MCPPA.

I hope we could get them to remove the "in accordance with mn law". It sounds more official then the normal signage requirements.

Someone from NC posted a message on Glocktalk about MOA posting. here

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:56 pm 

I'm curious to know.. Afew years ago there was a group that wanted to protest Macys fur sales. A court ruled that they had to allow protestors since their common areas were the same as main street, but the protesters would have to schedule a time.

Since one court ruled they are the same as main street, would it count as main street for us and unpostable based on that precidence?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:31 am 
Longtime Regular

I carried there last week when my wife had to get something. Concealed of course even though the sign is unlawful I don't want to be a test case. The punks there did not care about the security and police walking nor security care what they were doing. The two undercover cops I ran into while waiting on the wife were not hiding who they were too well either, Glocks on the hip under teir coats which had to be hot.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:49 am 
Longtime Regular

My son, who just turned 21 and also just received his CCW, works at MOA. He closes the store, thus he gets into the parking lot rather late. He is often concerned with the numbers and types of people hanging around that late at night. I will not let him go to work without his G30.

A few weeks ago his manager, a female, saw his G30 and confronted him about it. He explained to her the why's and wherefores of him carring. He also explained that I had taught him and that he had been around firearms since he was 5. She asked if I would talk to her about Personal Protection and CCW.

Gladly, we had a coffee and discussed the eintiresituation and her personal protection. Since thattime I have taken her out and introduced her to a variety of firearms and to shooting in general, but especially asit pertains to self-defeinse.

I am proud to say that she has successfully selected and purchased a S & W 642, completed a CCW class, received her permit, and now carries at MOA too........................

There are some out there that GAS...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:56 am 
1911 tainted

hammAR wrote:
My son, who just turned 21 and also just received his CCW, works at MOA. He closes the store, thus he gets into the parking lot rather late. He is often concerned with the numbers and types of people hanging around that late at night. I will not let him go to work without his G30.

A few weeks ago his manager, a female, saw his G30 and confronted him about it. He explained to her the why's and wherefores of him carring. He also explained that I had taught him and that he had been around firearms since he was 5. She asked if I would talk to her about Personal Protection and CCW.

Gladly, we had a coffee and discussed the eintiresituation and her personal protection. Since thattime I have taken her out and introduced her to a variety of firearms and to shooting in general, but especially asit pertains to self-defeinse.

I am proud to say that she has successfully selected and purchased a S & W 642, completed a CCW class, received her permit, and now carries at MOA too........................

There are some out there that GAS...... :D

Another good deed done, way to go hammAR! 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:44 pm 

You know this particular issue just makes me sick.

Didn't Dru Shjodin's kidnap, rape, and murder begin in a shopping mall parking lot :evil:

Perhaps the MOA should be reminded of this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.