Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Azia restaurant, Minneapolis, posted 
 Post subject: Azia restaurant, Minneapolis, posted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 pm 

And very poorly at that, I like the place, never noticed it was posted before, had the wife and whole family with, so I couldn't get into a discussion with anyone important. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:59 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.aziarestaurant.com/
Quote:
A Word About Chef Thom
Azia is a dream realized by one of the nation's most exciting new chefs. Born in Vietnam during the height of the American War, Thom learned the art of traditional Asian cuisine from his elders.

He should know better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

I have a feeling most places of business that post are more worried about open carry than concealed.
Customers see a gun on a person they get nervous, and might not return if the owner allows it.
IMO- most posting is to prevent customer complaints and loss of business.

IMO -I think a store owner could care less about a concealed carry because customers wouldn't notice it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:54 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:
A Word About Chef Thom
Azia is a dream realized by one of the nation's most exciting new chefs. Born in Vietnam during the height of the American War, Thom learned the art of traditional Asian cuisine from his elders.

He should know better.

Apparently not :lol: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article ... yid=263643

Post subject: Azia Posted (poorly)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:26 pm 
Journeyman Member

Yeah, I was at this place last night. I tried to take a picture of their sign to post here, but it didn't work on my cell-phone because of the reflection. I won't be going back :!:

I'm almost certain the sign does not comply, but I'd need to review the MN code again. It's blue text on a white background with a picture of a woman in a dress holding a machine gun. Some small text on the bottom says something to the effect of "this sign complies with MN statute..... We're serious" :? :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:04 am 
Longtime Regular

Well they beat himn with a stick, not a gun. Maybe the gun sign worked, and the attackers were actually polite enough to comply with his gun policy.

Now he should get another sign banning sticks, and then maybe he'll be a little safer. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:39 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:
A Word About Chef Thom

He should know better.

Heck, maybe they were Vietnam vets upset over the description of the Vietnam War as the American War?

Besides the sign issue, I don't think I'll be visiting this restaurant any time soon...

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

JGalt wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Quote:
A Word About Chef Thom

He should know better.

Heck, maybe they were Vietnam vets upset over the description of the Vietnam War as the American War?

Besides the sign issue, I don't think I'll be visiting this restaurant any time soon...

To be fair, the Viets has kicked the French out a decade earlier. That is probably the French war..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:19 pm 

As a lover of Asian food, it's not really worth visiting anyway...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.