Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Hennepin County Library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:30 am 
Longtime Regular

a dollar says Ms. Librarians walking off in a huff indicates a meeting with one of Edinas finest is being arranged...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
David M. Gross
6420 French Lake Trail
Fairbault, MN 55021-7482.

Phone: 507-333-5615
Cell Phone: 612-388-3880
Email: david.gross@tcq.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:37 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm not big on chat rooms, but this occasion would be a perfect time for a TCCF chat room.... Realtime updates!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:40 am 
Longtime Regular

reaver, I think you may have just become my new hero! Need an update, but my guess is by now you're busy talking to "the Boys"...

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Reaver3, in case you don't have a copy of the law with you, here is the link to Andrews post in the reference section that lists it. You might want to have it pulled up on your laptop very soon...

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=453

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:51 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

dustoff wrote:
Is there anyone with a scanner that can hear the Edina PD's call for a "man with a gun threatening the nice ladies at the library" call???

Since Edina joined the multi-agency radio network, I can't get them on my scanner. The scanner that could pick up the new signal starts around $300.

I was scanning for 2 days (heard next to nothing) before I researched and found that most of the twin cities agencies have switched.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:53 am 
Longtime Regular

Uh oh. I just noticed that reaver3 isn't on the site anymore. I hope that's not bad news...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:15 am 
Journeyman Member

maybe we should start taking up a collection to post bail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Well that was the last message he entered according to the forums database. Anyone on friendly terms with the Edina police?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
maybe we should start taking up a collection to post bail.

Is tresspassing (I'd guess that's what he'd be charged with, he refused to leave once notified) an arrestable offense? Or a ticket-type, appear in court later offense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Holy bat droppings. I'm ready to bust out from the anticipation. NEED UPDATE!!! :D

Oh, I loved the stupid question. "Is that a weapon?" Gee. No. I'm carrying a very sophisticated lighter in an effort to protest the smoking ban. :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:38 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

Well, that was interesting.

I was writing my last message when I saw 2 guys in suits coming up to my table. They circled me once or twice and I said "Good Morning", which they ignored. I then heard a voice behind me saying "put your hands flat on the table". I complied, and I was then handcuffed and disarmed. A uniformed officer (who did the cuffing) came around front and asked me what I was doing. I replied "enjoying the library". He then said, why are you carrying that gun? I said "personal protection". He then said, "didn't you see the sign out front"? I said that of course I did but that local governments can't post their property. One of the plainclothes officers said "says who"? I said, the Minnesota Legislature.
They called in my license and permit, and all came back ok. The uniformed officer (Moir, badge 128) then said, why are you here when you live in Dakota County? I said I liked the atmosphere in this library better. The officer then threatened me with arrest for disorderly conduct, to which I said nothing I was doing was illegal. They then had the branch manager give me a verbal trespass warning and booted me out, berating me all the way. I said I've been nothing but polite to you guys, at least you could give me the same courtesy. One of the plainclothes cops said "You've got all the politeness you're going to get out of me". Nice, huh.

Thanks for the David Gross info, the numbers I had were out of date. I've already been in contact with him and balls are rolling.

Okay, I went first, who's next?

p.s. all of this is paraphrased, of course

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Right on!!! Sounds as though you handled yourself very well! BRAVO!!!

Glad things "worked out" in the end.

You were killing us all in anticipation of your update...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: more updates
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:44 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

I just called the branch to get a copy of their incident report as per David Gross, and the branch manager, Marsha, was actually pretty cool. I apologized again for putting her in the middle, and she laughed and said "why'd you pick this branch"? I said just luck of the draw, sorry and she laughed. She is going to mail me a copy, and once I explained what I was doing, almost seemed sympathetic.

I do need a favor, though. Could someone who lives nearby please take a couple of good digital camera shots of the sign, and email them to David? That would really help me out, his email is david.gross@tcq.net

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:46 am 
Longtime Regular

You the MAN! I can't believe they cuffed you (intimidation?). So, how did they return your sidearm to you after they wrongfully seized it?

Did they argue the law? Did you show it to them? I think a call for their supervisor may have been in order.

Next time you do this (if there is a next time) we should make sure someone is there to videotape it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.