Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Target Center?? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, you aren't lying. Who knows how those things work?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

When I went to the most recent Elmo/Sesame Street event at the Target Center, they weren't wanding. They were searching women's purses mostly. I removed my coat and draped it over my arm and the guy just nodded at me to go through. But they also didn't have an embargo on photo and video devices at that event. You were allowed to snap away all you wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:50 pm 
On time out

I was a guest at the T wolves game when the Celt's came back and kg did not have the hutzpah to give his old fans a look, and I carried. they were wanding and did a crappy job.

My question is with the target center being a public building, owned my mpls and leased out to several different groups, don;t they have to let you carry in. If just one of the vendors disagree with the signs don;t you have a right to carry in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:06 pm 

When I went this morning, they were wanding on both sides. Not a great job but not a passive one. Could have gotten in easily with a 6 o'clock holster.

I had just my cell phone on my belt and he asked "Is that all you have?" I was like, "yeah". Then he says "So you left your 9mm at home, then?". I answered, "actually, yes!" He just gave me a blank stare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:51 pm 

Last night was much the same, no wanding but a quick attempt at a pat down, he actually checked my left jacket pocket and that was it, since I had a bleary eyed 3yo in my right hand.
I didn't try carrying, I didn't want to deal with a hassle if they noticed. We were there for the kids, ya know? Walking in and out in big groups seemed safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 pm 

ttreml3 wrote:
We were there for the kids, ya know? Walking in and out in big groups seemed safe.

Thats why you SHOULD carry. For the kids.

Big groups? Seems like most of the shootings these days are in mall, schools, places FULL of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:20 pm 

I know, and I carry everywhere I am legally allowed. But it wasn't worth the risk of ruining an evening of Disney love in the kids eyes for daddy to keep safe in the skywalk and at the event. Risk vs. reward and the reward of seeing my kids enthralled with those goofy people dancing around the stage oh and Goofy dancing, far out weighed the risk of me being assaulted between my van and the target center. The real likelihood of being wanded and found carrying and the ensuing commotion likely resulting in missing the show wasn't worth the risk. I can't afford that much justice, to twist a much used phrase here.

To make my position absolutely clear, here, I am a stay at home dad, I am the primary caretaker of my kids. They spend 99% of the time with me, and I spend all that time armed unless it is legally restricted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

ttreml3,
I can certainly respect that position. Just like the phrase, "how much justice can you afford," I'd say, how much are you willing to ruin the night for your family?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

We have attended and are attending again, the Doodlebops at the X in early April. I have carried there with little problem or, as far as I can remember, even an attempt to check. But the same thoughts as ttreml3 has always cross my mind. This time, we got the discounted parking with the tickets, so we are in the RiverCenter ramp. May just leave the rig at home this time. But then again, maybe not.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:47 pm 

1911fan wrote:
I was a guest at the T wolves game when the Celt's came back and kg did not have the hutzpah to give his old fans a look, and I carried. they were wanding and did a crappy job.

I went to that game as well, my first and probably last. I also thought they were doing a poor job. They never checked me or about half the other people. I left my 642 in the car since I didn't need any hassle.

Does anyone know exactly what happens if you try to get in with a weapon and they find one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Eagle103 wrote:

Does anyone know exactly what happens if you try to get in with a weapon and they find one?

They don't let you in. Anything more than that, and they are breaking the law.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 pm 

princewally wrote:

Thanks. That's the way it should be but you never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:42 pm 

princewally wrote:
Eagle103 wrote:

You could also be "trespassed" from the property, meaning you'd have to stay away from the Target Center for one year or face a misdemeanor charge if you're caught on the property again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Fubar wrote:
princewally wrote:
Eagle103 wrote:

You could also be "trespassed" from the property, meaning you'd have to stay away from the Target Center for one year or face a misdemeanor charge if you're caught on the property again.

But that's not real trespassing. They can always say "don't come back here", but that's not a REAL punishment. They can't lock you up or take your gun.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 am 
Site Admin

WestSideGuy wrote:
MTinMN wrote:
Quote:
The following items are strictly prohibited for Target Center under any circumstances:

* No video recorders, audio recorders or other similar electronic devices
* No laser pointers or weapons

Seems pretty clear to me......

Wow! I read that like 5 times and didn't see it. I typically don't lump laser pointers and "weapons" together though.

I guess they saw no need to highlight "weapons".
:roll:

I figure they were referring to laser weapons, which are lasers but not laser pointers. (5 mw and under is a pointer. 300mw is a weapon.)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.