Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 This is what should be posted... 
 Post subject: This is what should be posted...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:20 am 

Print this out and ask the management of your favorite posted establisment to post this along side of the regular no guns allowed sign. Just might make them think.

http://www.louisianacarry.org/antis/crime_zone.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:39 am 
Longtime Regular

I like that. It might :shock: :shock: them enough to change or take down their sign.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:52 am 

Hi guys!

Louisiana Carry here. Noticed y'all talking about my site, and thought I'd say hi.

Actually, I should have said Hi, anyway. I used to live in NE Mpls. I used to be a street kid in uptown and downtown back in the early 90s. My mom still lives in Mora (1 hr north of the cities in Hwy 65). For more about that, click here: my testimony.

Anyway, there is alot of other info on Louisiana Carry that applies to all gun owners, not just LA residents (where I am originally from and live now). Spend a few minutes browsing, if you like.

A couple of the laws LA Carry is working on getting changed are actually modeled after MN statutes. For example, I like the requirements for posting a business off limits. The signage is so obvious and specifically proscribed that most businesses won't do it, and even if they do, you can ignore it without penalty. It is only when you refuse to leave that you can be issued a ticket, and even then only for $25 on a first offense. I know you guys know all that, but I think it is awesome. I don't like how a permit is required for both concealed carry and open carry, but at least the option for both is there. I also like how, even though you only recognize four States' permits (which is bad, y'all need to get on the horn about that one), LA is one of those four.

I have run into several of you guys on ar15.com and glocktalk. Next time I am in MN (I hope to have me and my wife ride our bikes up there next year), maybe I can come to an OC meeting.

Lastly, check out one of my other web sites, if you care about liberty:

American Revival

The Day I Met Jesus
THIS is why we have the Second Amendment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:05 pm 
1911 tainted

Welcome Louisiana Carry.

Keep up the fight. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

we should really print a whole lot of these out and send one to every buissness under the posted disarmament zones thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

LA Carry wrote:

Quote:
even though you only recognize four States' permits

LA carry: We're getting better. 4 is old information.

See http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/CJIS/Documents/CarryPermit/States.html

Several state officals are hindering recognizing more states. This is being worked on by the good people that worked to pass the bill.

Post subject: Re: This is what should be posted...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:33 pm 

MnMonte wrote:
Print this out and ask the management of your favorite posted establisment to post this along side of the regular no guns allowed sign. Just might make them think.

http://www.louisianacarry.org/antis/crime_zone.pdf

Oh, I SO want to place one of these up at the Mall Of America. If some vandal had one of these nicely laminated to look professional and placed just one of these up under one of the no gun signs there, I wonder how long it would go unnoticed. Then we could all take pictures and have fun mocking that horrible place.

Unfortunately I'm law abiding an not even willing to commit petty vandalism. But it sure would be funny if someone else did this, not that I'm suggesting it or anything.

Post subject: Re: This is what should be posted...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

drkarrow wrote:
Unfortunately I'm law abiding an not even willing to commit petty vandalism.

Wouldn't it just be non-violent activism? I am a baby of the 80's and I was taught that activism was a noble deed. Sit-ins, walk-outs, etc, etc. I think this would fit right in there as a way to fight the corupt gov't.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.