Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Red Sea 
 Post subject: The Red Sea
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Properly posted

Two regulation correct signs, on on the door and one near it. Being aware that I was carrying with stuff concealed, my sweetheart threw a little fit as we could technically go in, but since they had taken great care to be actually perfectly legal, I felt I wanted to take our money elsewhere & respect their sign.

We went across the corner to the Acadia. . . they aren't even slightly posted and always have really great food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

What and where is the Red Sea?

and when you saw the sign, you parted (ways)?

There's a joke in there, somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:39 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:

Its in Minneapolis and while i believe no pun was intended, it didn't turn out that way. I haven't been there in awhile, and now i think that streak will continue!

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:14 am 
Raving Moderate

Andrew Rothman wrote:

West Bank- Cedar/Riverside.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sorry, yes, west bank Cedar and Riverside. . . I don't know that 'hood very well & meant to ask my sweetheart how to describe it location-wise, but then the baby distracted us.

The Acadia used to be a few blocks from us here in Whittier, but moved over to the west bank over the spring. The Acadia has food that is just plain incredible in regard to quality/ money . . . and a beer list that includes probably the best non-alcohol beer I have ever had. If you come at the Acadia from the south, it'll be hard to see their sign . . they do validate parking for the flat lot that is two rights after you pass it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:19 pm 
Journeyman Member

Macx wrote:
Sorry, yes, west bank Cedar and Riverside. . . I don't know that 'hood very well & meant to ask my sweetheart how to describe it location-wise, but then the baby distracted us.

The Acadia used to be a few blocks from us here in Whittier, but moved over to the west bank over the spring. The Acadia has food that is just plain incredible in regard to quality/ money . . . and a beer list that includes probably the best non-alcohol beer I have ever had. If you come at the Acadia from the south, it'll be hard to see their sign . . they do validate parking for the flat lot that is two rights after you pass it though.

Oh cool, I thought they just shut down (I haven't lived in that neighborhood for a few years, loved going there). Glad to hear they just moved. I'll have to check out the new location. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:33 am 
Raving Moderate

gungirl wrote:
Macx wrote:

Oh cool, I thought they just shut down (I haven't lived in that neighborhood for a few years, loved going there). Glad to hear they just moved. I'll have to check out the new location. :)

They're in what used to be the New Riverside Cafe, right on the corner of Cedar and Riverside- across from the bank, and diagonally across from the 400 Bar.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.