Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Knife Lake Sportsman Club in Mora 
 Post subject: Knife Lake Sportsman Club in Mora
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:14 pm 

...of all the places you would least suspect...

Attended their annual pancake breakfast this morning and was sadly greeting by a sign that said "No pets or guns permitted in building"...confusingly interesting to me that a "sportsman club" in prime hunting/fishing country would be openly against members having dogs/guns with them.

Oh well...and yes, I will be sending a letting Monday explaining that their sign has caused me to reconsider my membership there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

I agree,I would put this right up there with American Legion posts banning guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:07 pm 

I would bet that their request is to keep people from bringing their rifles and/or shotguns (ok, handguns too) into the building and carelessly showing off their new gun to their buddies. I know at the Chisago Lakes Sportsman's Club there is a policy against bringing guns into the clubhouse. Not all of us (not intended as a criticism for those on this forum) are real conscious of how we are handling guns. Dogs can be kind of a pest too, if they are not well trained or don't obey their owners. I don't mind my dog begging at the table at home, but don't want to feed someone else's begger elsewhere. Doesn't hurt to ask, but I doubt the sign was intended for carry permit holders. Bet it was up long before the carry law was in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:26 am 
Longtime Regular

I agree with Angus. I've been is several hunting clubs/game farms, and I can't remember any that allow guns (they mean your hunting gun) in the clubhouse/resaraunt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.