Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Received Permit (31st day) 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:14 pm 
Journeyman Member

The Mrs and I got our permits in Dakota in something like 13-14 days. I was pleasantly surprised, as well.

Post subject: Re: Received Permit (31st day)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
... I just received the permit. 31 days (don't forget a day or two for mail).
... What's the last 4 of the reference number? Is that how many permits have been issued this year? Over 2500?

Got mine in 31 days also. My permit expiration date is 9/6/2010 and the number ends in 2371. So yeah, maybe it's a straightforward serial number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:11 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Since this thread is still going, I'll mention my third day carrying.

I went to the movie Lord of War. I figured I better go armed. I went carrying both my 9mm and my .22. The friend I went with got a kick out of it. I adjusted my hat on the way out, pulling my shirt up, and I think a kid outside saw the 9mm. :twisted:

We also went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Chanhassen, posted in the same way as the plymouth one. No problems there.

I have not made it to Walmart yet, but that's high on my list.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
We also went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Chanhassen, posted in the same way as the plymouth one. No problems there.

Pakrat;

Why go to a posted business? There plenty of other Chanhassen restaurants that are NOT posted.

Obtain some “No Gun/No $” cards and start handing them out. Write a follow up letter. I do exactly that. :?

You would be surprised at the response you get. Some chains do not have much choice, but still need to hear from you.

Local establishments are very susceptible to your wishes. :wink: If I find a posted place, I go in, hand the person at the register a card. I then make a copy of the receipt for the purchase I made at their competitor (I typically spend a lot more money then originally intended) and enclose it in a letter detailing what I have done, addressed to the owner.

I have received phone calls from the owner/manager. It is a great opportunity to tell them the “facts”. Several have taken down their signs. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

For the record, BW3 is improperly posted; carrying there is as legal as church on Sunday.

Philosophically, it's a different matter, and one must choose for one's self whether one is willing to compromise principle for hot, yummy, spicy, tasty chicken wings.... Um, what was I talking about? :)

I had a long talk with BW3's corporate office this Spring; they struck me at the time as a lost cause. But another try never hurts.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

JDR, typically I agree. In this case, I had a few factors.
1.) I think it was Andrew that had posted in the BWW's thread that- they know they are improperly posted and don't care.
2.) My friend "J" loves the wings and is willing to drive way out of his way...
3.) My friend "J" does not understand the No Guns/No Money way of life. Mainly because the postings (proper or improper) don't hold any weight.

I do look at it this way, if a company is willing to post improperly (and knows it), then the sign is a feel good measure. [I hope-] They think that the packers know the law and the non-packers don't. A both sides win mentallity.
If postings were absolute and keep you out of a business, I would definately fight them.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.