Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Knife Attack in Wionona Bar 
 Post subject: Knife Attack in Wionona Bar
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:39 am 

What would you have done as a Conceal Carry patron in this bar scene? From the Pioneer Press 2/10/06:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/13834947.htm

article:
Bar assault to bring charges
A 21-year-old Anoka man will be charged with assault, possession of a dangerous weapon and underage consumption after he is released from a hospital, Winona officials said Thursday. Jonathan H. Minor is suspected of stabbing a Winona bar bouncer five times after Minor was told to leave the bar about 11 p.m. Tuesday. According to Winona police, Steven D. Adams, a 24-year-old bouncer at Schyde's Drinks and Whatnot Bar, was stabbed after he approached Minor and several friends who earlier had been asked to leave. Minor also was injured in the fight and suffered lacerations to his hands. Minor, whose 21st birthday was Wednesday, was apprehended at the Second Street bar. Both men were taken to Community Memorial Hospital in Winona. Adams was transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where he remained Thursday in fair condition. Minor was transferred to St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn. When Minor is released, the Winona County attorney said Thursday, he will be taken into custody and charged. — Kevin Harter

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

Post subject: Re: Knife Attack in Wionona Bar
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:11 am 
The Man

Kat wrote:
What would you have done as a Conceal Carry patron in this bar scene? From the Pioneer Press 2/10/06:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/13834947.htm

article:
Bar assault to bring charges
A 21-year-old Anoka man will be charged with assault, possession of a dangerous weapon and underage consumption after he is released from a hospital, Winona officials said Thursday. Jonathan H. Minor is suspected of stabbing a Winona bar bouncer five times after Minor was told to leave the bar about 11 p.m. Tuesday. According to Winona police, Steven D. Adams, a 24-year-old bouncer at Schyde's Drinks and Whatnot Bar, was stabbed after he approached Minor and several friends who earlier had been asked to leave. Minor also was injured in the fight and suffered lacerations to his hands. Minor, whose 21st birthday was Wednesday, was apprehended at the Second Street bar. Both men were taken to Community Memorial Hospital in Winona. Adams was transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse, Wis., where he remained Thursday in fair condition. Minor was transferred to St. Marys Hospital in Rochester, Minn. When Minor is released, the Winona County attorney said Thursday, he will be taken into custody and charged. — Kevin Harter

I'd have assumed a bladed stance, feet about shoulder width, and with my strong hand, in a smooth, controlled motion, swept back my covering garment and with a practiced, semicircular draw...

...retrieved my Motorola Razr cellphone, and dialed 911.
(What were you expecting? Dirty Harry?) :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

A 21-year old charged with underage consumption?

Is there a new drink out there that I don't know about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:23 am 

Quote:
What were you expecting? Dirty Harry?)

Didn't I mention that it was a smoke filled bar, cards were being played in the corner, "ladies" were sitting cross legged on the banister and the door hinge creaked as I backed out?

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

Last edited by Kat on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:25 am 

Quote:
21-year old charged with underage consumption?

This all happened on Tuesday @ 11 p.m. The punk's birthday was Wed. He missed by 1 hour.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:27 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
A 21-year old charged with underage consumption?

He turned 21 Wednesday; he was drinking Tuesday night.

Plus, he was a Minor. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Oops. I didn't read that far down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:38 am 

Its a cliche', but I guess I would pull my snubnoce 357 and shoot the piano player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:52 am 
on probation

simian12 wrote:
Its a cliche', but I guess I would pull my snubnoce 357 and shoot the piano player.
Make damm sure its the piano player that ran off with my x-wife.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

I thought you payed the piano man to do that :wink:

Um, bar, large congregation of 21ish punks. . . . so I know I am only carrying my thermo nuclear pocket knife, 'cause I usually (always) hang up the heater before I start to drink. I know the bad guy also has a knife 'cause I just saw him cutting up the bouncer. I also saw Andrew across the bar dialing a date . . . or 911 & I figure given the circumstances he is probably talking to a dispatcher rather than a madame. I know the boys in blue are gonna be looking to take down somebody weilding a knife, so you know I ain't gonna go try and cut up the punk with the knife.

I got it! I snatch a bar towel and a pool ball and do a quick slingshot striking the bad guy in his left temple, wherein his soul becomes disinterested in remaining with his body. Then catlike I jump across the pool table and subdue his buddies with my ninja pool cue moves. . . . er wait. . . . I am not Steven Segal.

I confuse the dispatcher by calling 911 and reporting everything Andrew does, but I say I am at the bar down the street. Wait, no, that is just too crazy.

Maybe I just agree with Andrew. I do that so often though & he always seems to beat me to the good posts. It just isn't fair :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

lastgunshop wrote:
simian12 wrote:
Make damm sure its the piano player that ran off with my x-wife.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:28 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

(I think it went into effect) Don't forget that there is no 'power hour' anymore. One has to wait until 8am of their birthday to drink.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

well....

I know! :lol: Order up another drink as the PD will be there shortly (eventually) so last call will probably be canceled!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:18 pm 
Delicate Flower

Pakrat wrote:
(I think it went into effect) Don't forget that there is no 'power hour' anymore. One has to wait until 8am of their birthday to drink.

Hmmmmmm.....didn't know that (not that it applies to me). Interesting piece of information.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tom:

You can legally celebrate the annaversary of your 21st birthday.. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.