Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Sen. McGinn on KSTP tonight 
 Post subject: Sen. McGinn on KSTP tonight
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

I hope some of you guys heard me call in to the Dave Thompson show tonight. Sen McGinn was a guest on the Dean Johnson issue, and started talking about how integrity is important to him, and how he is a "bailiwick for the truth". I called in (I'm a constituent of his) and reminded him of how during the final vote for the first PPA in 2003, his vote light was "no" until the last possible second, when he switched it to "yes". Keep in mind they had like 15 minutes to vote on this thing. He was quoted in a local paper the following week addressing a senior group about how his button must have malfunctioned, because he tried to vote no and couldn't. (In my opinion, he only voted yes because 35 votes were already there, and he didn't want to catch hell from his own party, being a new guy.) Bailiwick my ass.

When I reminded him of his own "embellishments", he stated that he was embarrassed because there was a set of 3 votes that "confused" him, but that he didn't lie. Dave Thompson then asked him if he supported the PPA, and McGinn said no. Thompson then asked why, and all McGinn could come up with was (paraphrased) "I come from a police background, guns are bad, and I don't want folks to have more guns". Pretty feeble.

After my call, I vaguely remembered something. Didn't McGinn co-sponsor the original PPA in 2003? If someone remembers, please let me know, I want to continue the "dialog" with him during his reelection campaign.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.