Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Recent Publications 
 Post subject: Recent Publications
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:28 am 

I have probably missed it, but I assume that somewhere hidden in the vast depth of our forum, there was a discussion regarding the Strib article published this Wednesday. Here is a link.

Also, I was fairly surprised to see the following articlein this week's copy of Newsweek magazine. It is written by a former anti and includes the quote "Guns are evil until you really need one..."

I think that both of these articles, both local and national, appearing in generally anti 2A publications may be a sign of the true undercurrent running through our society, especially after the many home invasion instances we have recently seen.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think you are being overly optimistic. If you read the comments you will see that the vast majority condemn the author for shooting her tormentor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:47 pm 

Strib article, I'm sort of neutral on, unsure..
Newsweek woman, she's still anti gun/gun ownership. She's pro gun/gun ownership only when it suits her.. (when she needs "protection")
She'd really have understood, if it was used as protection from some scumbag kicking in her door and not a 4 ounce bird!
Be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

In case anyone is interested the Beise's of Jordan have all kinds of guns in their home. Dumb ass reporters. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Newsweek woman sounds pretty dingy to me. I sure as hell wouldn't have shot a cardinal or been elated at my success in doing so. She sure as hell doesn't understand why we carry guns or our mindset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Not to mention the lack of wisdom in publishing an article in which you admit to shooting at a federally protected songbird.
I'm glad an owl wasn't bothering her. Or an eagle.
Pretty sure cardinals are not legal to shoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:39 pm 

Somehow it doesn't seem like you guys get it. It wasn't that long ago that publishing either of these stories would have been just too anti-PC; neither would ever have seen the light of day.

We may have written from a different perspective (or not at all...), but main stream media is all of a sudden treating us with a wee bit more respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat wrote:

We may have written from a different perspective (or not at all...), but main stream media is all of a sudden treating us with a wee bit more respect.

I don't know that it is a sign of respect, as I perceive a little bit of degradation in the Newsweek article. Owning firearms and being an NRA member has nothing to do with killing anything. I resent that she thinks she has something in common with me as she shoots a cardinal and high fives herself. I have nothing in common with this dingbat, other than firearm ownership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Citizens for a Safer Minnesota, a group that works toward reducing gun-related deaths in the state, believes guns are ineffective for self-defense because if they are properly stored at home, they would be inaccessible at a moment's notice. The group does not call for making guns illegal

Define properly stored, in your blue skies every day world :roll: :roll:

Is the Wright County Sheriff one of the good guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:13 pm 

A Brit in MN wrote:

Actually I would say no to the above, as the true Jack Pine Savage line begins at about the 46th Parallel and works its way northward... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat wrote:
A Brit in MN wrote:

Actually I would say no to the above, as the true Jack Pine Savage line begins at about the 46th Parallel and works its way northward... 8)

From his quotes in the Strib article, he could go either way on the MPPA, and personal firearms.

What are the requirements for the Jack Pine Savage Club, what are the the dues, is there a secret handshake or silly walk associated with them? :lol:

Good to see you back on the boards Pat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.