Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Road rage: Robbinsdale cop shot in Coon Rapids 
 Post subject: Treptow case update: Joel and Andrew on NARN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:54 am 
The Man

Andrew and I are scheduled to be on the second chunk of the Northern Alliance Radio Networkshow this coming Saturday, July 14th, with Mitch Berg and Captain Ed. AM1280; 651-289-4488.

ETA: We're shooting for -- assuming, to quote Mitch, "that shooting is justified" -- 130PM.

We'll be talking about the stonewalling by officious officials in the Treptow case, and at least some of what they were hiding. If there's any further developments between then and now, we'll cover them, too.

Note to Robert M. A. Johnson, Anoka County Attorney, and any of the other nice folks from various governmental agencies who have been watching us watching them: if you've got anything you'd like to share, it'd be a great time to call in.

Further note to Robert M. A. Johnson, Anoka County Attorney, and any of the other nice folks from various governmental agencies who have been watching us watching them: if you've got some good news on all of this to share before then -- some official action regarding Officer Friendly; some really, really good reason it was okay to send cops to arrest a guy at gunpoint while not bothering to tell them that he was there to rendezvous with them, and that there was no need to use his two young children as a backstop; some remedial education for various government officials on the basics of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; whatever -- feel free to share it with me, and I'll be more than happy to pass it along.

Really, I will.

Last edited by joelr on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:54 am 
Longtime Regular

That should be an interesting discussion. Keep up the pressure. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

The serial drama continues. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm 

Uh, what'd I miss? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 am 
Longtime Regular

The thing that irritates me the most about situations like this is that if the (bad) police make a demand of us we're expected to step and fetch it like good little drones.

When the shoe is on the other foot, the (bad) police hide behind their badges, and refuse to answer for their misconduct. Then, they get bent out of shape when pressured for an explanation. And if they find out who's asking the questions that person is going to have their background looked into with the same meticulous care as a doctor doing a *complete* physical... the kind with the gloves and the lube.

What recourse do we, as "civilians" have?

Edited to add: I mean, what real recourse, not the feel-good "file a report to the chief or civilian review panel" actions that casually get mentioned during a pre-shift briefing, usually with a roll of the eyes from the shift supervisor, and then forgotten in a file somewhere. What real action can be taken? I realize change takes time, but this is a situation where time is rapidly running out.

Further edited to add: I'm not talking about, nor advocating violence towards our "finest" examples of "Officer Friendly", but options to force their accountability to their main employers---us, the public.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject: Actually, all you have to do is keep reading and posting
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 pm 

The hit count on this thread is OVER 16,000, and that number dwarfs ANY thread sigforum.com or packing.org has had in a LOOOONNNGGG time, if ever, and those forums have over 25,000 members each. I'm sure that number is NOT lost any ANY elected Sheriff or DA in this state trying to cover his ass, as well as the fact that if the members of THIS forum hadn't voted for Tim "slow roll you long time, beeg boy" Pawlenty, somebody else would be Governor now.

Tune in tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:07 am 

I heard a blurb on the radio regarding another Wolf Protective Agency security guard being involved in a shooting.

I didn't get the details, does anyone know anything about this?

I know Martin Treptow was a former Wolf employee.

They also had that other guy from Wolf who shot that person over in St. Paul who was stealing a car stereo.

It would seem like they are starting to get a reputation as shooters. (I'm not implying these were or weren't justified).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.