Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 1 week for permit 
 Post subject: 1 week for permit
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 pm 

Wasn't quite sure where to post, not a carry "issue" but a new permit holder as of today. :D Took one week for Washington County to get me my permit. Kuddos to them, very professional and $75 instead of the $100. Have been "lurking" a while and learned much, hopefully I'll be able to return the favor. Took Andrew Rothman's class and bought Joel's book, two great resources as far as I'm concerned. Now, time to find carry gun for me, so far I'm looking at a S&W light weight J frame revolver in .357 (I know, muzzle flash and recoil) and/or a Kel-Tec 9mm or Kahr .40 or .45. Simple is good. (wheel gun) With the up coming election I may opt for the "gun of the month club" and end up with all three. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome! Good for Washington County, and good for you.

Post subject: Re: 1 week for permit
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm 

Bob L. wrote:
Wasn't quite sure where to post, not a carry "issue" but a new permit holder as of today. :D Took one week for Washington County to get me my permit. Kuddos to them, very professional and $75 instead of the $100. Have been "lurking" a while and learned much, hopefully I'll be able to return the favor. Took Andrew Rothman's class and bought Joel's book, two great resources as far as I'm concerned. Now, time to find carry gun for me, so far I'm looking at a S&W light weight J frame revolver in .357 (I know, muzzle flash and recoil) and/or a Kel-Tec 9mm or Kahr .40 or .45. Simple is good. (wheel gun) With the up coming election I may opt for the "gun of the month club" and end up with all three. :lol:

Heck, I'd go for all three, but if I had to pick one of the three, I'd say a Kahr. They're beautiful guns, and you'll love the triggers. That being said, they're much more expensive.

On a separate note, welcome not only to the forum, but to the carry community in general. I'm a fellow graduate of Mr. Rothman. You chose a good instructor to take the class from.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome Bob and congrats on the carry permit.

You can carry more than one gun ;) Enjoy the forum and ask a ton of questions.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Check out the Bersa Thunder Concealed Carry model.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:30 pm 

Remember that 357 will shoot 38 special so you can carry that until you are comfortable with the 357 kick…

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.