Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:46 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Blizzard Blast 
 Post subject: Blizzard Blast
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey all, Anyone else attend the Blizzard Blast up by St. Cloud?

If you liked the defensive league at Bill's this was really a "Blast" 8) . No shooting in the dark but lots of rounds (my standard cap (12 round) mags were put to shame by some of the 24 - 28 round mags)

Lots of movement of the shooter as well as the targets, auditable as well as sight feedback from the steel targets. As well as friendlies mixed in with the bad guys anywhere from 2' to about 25' away.

There were some REALLY fast shooters up there, but the guns are in a very different league from at Bill's (IPSC vs IDPA bent)

Biggest problem I had was with what I thought was crappy Wolf ammo feeding in my gun. But allas it was not the ammo but my dirty gun which was to fault. After thoughly cleaning my gun, I again shot Wolf ammo up at DelTone in St. Cloud on Sunday with not a single feeding issue.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:50 pm 

I was up there too. It was a ton of fun as usual. The weather cooperated nicely until the last couple of stages when the temps dropped 10 degrees or so, and my squad was in the hidden bay (the only area that had several inches of snow). It was rather chilly in there and since I have poor circulation in my fingers, I had a rather tough time hitting the magazine release,,,, . I still had a ton of fun though.
The group up in St. Cloud are a dedicated professional group, and you can bet on a GREAT match each and every time the host.

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:51 pm 

I forgot to ask, which division were you shooting in?

Hopefully not open...

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:30 am 

Glad y'all had fun. Results and pics are up on the website.
http://www.scapsa.org/

Our webmaster, Dave, designed his own scoring software that is being used. If you like it give him a holler and say so. I do believe this was the trial run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Production, I think... I'm not really familar with the classifications, I was told I would score better in "limited 10" I think was the term used.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I wuz thare mysef', f'n up da stages and what not in a most clumsy, uncouth fashun. But I had a really, really grate tym and can't wait to do it ugin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:46 am 

Mostly,
You must have been shooting a 40 caliber or larger? If so, you want to shoot limited 10 because of the difference in major/minor scoring...this can all be explained better in person or at a match. Just keep coming out, we love to see new faces.

Keith,
I LOVED the new format for the scoring software. Again, you guys are GREAT up there and it is trully a joy to come up there and blast away. I think the ability to look at the score card from each shooter is way cool.

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.