Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Shooting League - Sherburne County Sheriff's Range 
 Post subject: New Shooting League - Sherburne County Sheriff's Range
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:40 pm 

The Sheriff's office is making their deluxe new range available for League shooting every other Thursday starting March 30, 2006 from 6:30 to 9:30pm.

Sgt Jim Mordal is the Rangemaster and has set the following league rules:

1)All shooters must have a carry permit or a permit to purchase to enter the building. Minors over 18 can shoot with a DNR card if accompanied by a parent.

2)Three fun courses are planned and the all inclusive cost is $5. The courses are short and all 3 will be shot in under 15 minutes. An example Jim gave was 5 ballons tied to strings that are stapled to the cardboard at 10 yds. The air mover reallly blows them around.

3) Shoot whatever type and caliber handgun you want. No limit on sights, lights, lasers, have fun. Sheriff's office will loan you a gun, you pay for their ammo.

4) Scoring will be IDPA style time and acccuracy, scores will posted on the county website.

5) Coming with buddies, you can reserve a time. Not needed, but expect a wait if everyone shows at 6:30pm.

Want to stay and use the range, its $15 per hour, but that includes the $5 league fee. Space available and they may ask you leave after the hour if others are waiting to shoot.

Someone else has published the dates the range is open to the public , generally a few weekend days per moth

Questions call Jim or Sue 763 241-7069 or 763 241-7070

Sherburne County Govt Center
13880 Highway 10
Elk River, MN 55330

http://www.co.sherburne.mn.us/

I have a question, when will Ramsey or Hennepin County Sheriff's open their ranges to the public? Bruce Anderson also offers carry classes for civilians. And I thought our Wright County Sheriff Gary Miller was the only metro areal sheriff who understood the Second Amendment.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Last edited by IDPA Shooter on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

AND they will Loan you a gun! Wow! I must admit, I have been down on Sheriff Anderson before due to the request for additional information over an above what the law stipulates, but it appears he may have determined that CCW holders may not be that bad after all.

That or it's election time again... :wink:

Thanks for the info Bob

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:05 pm 
On time out

Allow me to take this opportunity to further curse the Tuesday/Thursday night class I have this semester! ARGH! That sounds great, and well worth the mileage for the experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:50 pm 
1911 tainted

IDPA Shooter - could you post an address for all of us out state people so that we can find it? :wink:

I would like to thank you for all of the informational postings on the shooting opportunities in the metro area, we appreciate it. :)

Are you ever going to make it down to Faribault and shoot one of their IDPA matches?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Revised my post to add Sherburne address and website
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:33 am 

cobb wrote:
IDPA Shooter - could you post an address for all of us out state people so that we can find it? :wink:

I would like to thank you for all of the informational postings on the shooting opportunities in the metro area, we appreciate it. :)

Are you ever going to make it down to Faribault and shoot one of their IDPA matches?

Cobb - Wait to you see this place, built with federal tax dollars ( read our money) it is all sound baffled, with black ballistic block. It's also super clean, they use the prisoners for range and lead cleanup! Yes they give them protective gear, but I like the idea.

I'll be posting Leo's Fairbault schedule this week, but my job keeps interfering with my shooting. It's just too far during the week, but I do like Leo's stage design

Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on a Yahoo calendar that will list all the IDPA shoots here in MN and in maybe in nearby WI. We lost the IDPA clubs in Grand Rapids and in Moorhead this past year. I hate disarming to go to WI, so we will see!

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tonight, 18:30- 21:30, reservations requested. (4/13) 763-241-7070

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.