Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 IDPA in Mankato area 
 Post subject: IDPA in Mankato area
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:24 pm 
1911 tainted

For anybody that is interested in shooting IDPA in the Mankato area, Key Cities Conservation Club runs small matches on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. You must be a member, so there is a $30 membership fee, and we get $5 per match which consists of 2 stages that can be run a few different ways on any given night. Key Cities Conservation Club is a very good place for the beginning shooter, simple courses of fire that helps the shooter focus on the safe and correct way to shoot an IDPA course.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:32 pm 
1911 tainted

Posted in the wrong area,,,,,,,,,again. :roll:

Should be here - "Leagues and Shooting Clubs"

[Man, they don't pay me enough to keep cleaning up after you... :) - Andrew]

Thanks Andrew, I will put in a request with the forum owner to give you a raise.

Last edited by cobb on Mon May 15, 2006 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: IDPA in Mankato area
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
... You must be a member, so there is a $30 membership fee...

Is that conservation club membership, aside from IDPA membership?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:52 pm 
1911 tainted

Pat Cannon wrote:
cobb wrote:
... You must be a member, so there is a $30 membership fee...

Is that conservation club membership, aside from IDPA membership?

Yes, a KCCC membership. We have 2 types of memberships, both run from January to January. The $30 is a provisional and is good only for club organized shooting events, IDPA, pin, silhouette, and trap. There is a $60 membership which includes a key for the member to use the range anytime they want on their own during the week, that is if it isn't closed for some scheduled event, like shooting sports, permit to carry range exercise, DNR firearm safety, etc. Even with trap shooting, only the trap range and the 200 yard range is closed, a full member can still use the 25, 50 and 100 yard range. When I do my permit to carry range exercise at KCCC, only the 25 yard range is closed, eveything else is open to use, so there is still plenty of range open for plinking.

At KCCC we do not require that the shooter is an official IDPA member, we do not have enough shooters and setup to be a sanctioned IDPA club. That is why I think it is a good place for beginner IDPA shooters, we will let the beginner get by with some equipment that would not get by at a sanctioned club. We do follow all safety rules, by the book, no exception, but will let someone with, let's say, with a 6" barrel revolver shoot the course of fire. We will explain the rules, why their gun isn't IDPA legal so that they know, but still let them shoot, we don't want to chase them away. We also have some shooters with 380's and 32's, again, not IDPA legal, but they carry them for self defense, so we let them shoot the course.

Pat, you know about 8-10 shooters at the KCCC IDPA that also shoot at the Faribault matches on Wednesdays.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Pat, you know about 8-10 shooters at the KCCC IDPA that also shoot at the Faribault matches on Wednesdays.
Yeah, I remember hearing you guys talk about it many times. I'll join if you can move it about 75 miles closer to Minneapolis (but then I suppose all the current members would quit). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat wrote
Quote:
Yeah, I remember hearing you guys talk about it many times. I'll join if you can move it about 75 miles closer to Minneapolis (but then I suppose all the current members would quit).

Pat,

Would the other member quit because you would join or because it is colser to Mpls?

See you at Faribo IDPA Wednesday.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

westhope wrote:
Pat wrote
Quote:
Yeah, I remember hearing you guys talk about it many times. I'll join if you can move it about 75 miles closer to Minneapolis (but then I suppose all the current members would quit).

Pat,

Would the other member quit because you would join or because it is colser to Mpls?

See you at Faribo IDPA Wednesday.

Dan

Not 'cause of me -- you know everybody loves having me around 'cause I make them look good!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.