Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Defensive Handgun League - Bill's North 
 Post subject: I posted the results, they were removed without any notice
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:11 pm 

The formatting was lousy, maybe a moderator is fixing it. A courtesy notice would have been appreciated.

We will have it on Bill's website and twincitiesidpa.com in a few days, properly formatted and with the revised rules. If anyone does not want their score listed, let me know and I'll leave it off. We had 17 shooters and 4 chose not to have their scores posted. That's their call but as Cobb says some days you are the dog, other days you are the hydrant.

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
Just Curious,

What was the total count of Shooters at the first event?

Mostly-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: More Details on Defensive Pistol and Revolver League
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Aquaholic wrote:
IDPA Shooter wrote:
Range Rules

Twin Cities Defensive Pistol and Revolver League

Bill’s North – Circle Pines

Every Other Wednesday 6:00pm to 8:00pm

1) All existing range rules for Bill’s are in full force and effect.

2) All participants must draw from a strong side holster or low ready ( 45 degree angle ) position. Shoulder, pocket, cross draw and small of the back holsters are not permitted for safety reasons, no exceptions.

!

Being 5:00 position carry (small of the back, right?), I would have thought that rule #2 above would have made the answer a "no"...

Just being a PIA, sorry!

IDPA Shooter, can you draw from a IWB holster; set at approximately a 5 o'clock position, FOR SURE?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:18 pm 

JDR wrote:
Aquaholic wrote:
IDPA Shooter wrote:
Range Rules

Twin Cities Defensive Pistol and Revolver League

Bill’s North – Circle Pines

Every Other Wednesday 6:00pm to 8:00pm

1) All existing range rules for Bill’s are in full force and effect.

2) All participants must draw from a strong side holster or low ready ( 45 degree angle ) position. Shoulder, pocket, cross draw and small of the back holsters are not permitted for safety reasons, no exceptions.

!

Being 5:00 position carry (small of the back, right?), I would have thought that rule #2 above would have made the answer a "no"...

Just being a PIA, sorry!

IDPA Shooter, can you draw from a IWB holster; set at approximately a 5 o'clock position, FOR SURE?

I'm acting was the voluteer Match Director so sure its OK cause I said it was. My match experience is primarily IDPA ( I'm a CSO in IDPA and an NRA RSO) which prohibits 6:00 or SOB carry. Most of our IWB folks carry behind the inseam of their pants and\or behind the hip bone particularly when concealing a full size auto. The worst that would happen is I'd ask you to reposition it if I saw you covering yourself on a draw and you wouldn't do that, would you? I was glad not to see any two handed holstering on Wednesday or really any other serious safety issues.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:47 am 
Longtime Regular

IDPA Shooter wrote:
.......I'm acting was the voluteer Match Director so sure its OK cause I said it was. My match experience is primarily IDPA ( I'm a CSO in IDPA and an NRA RSO) which prohibits 6:00 or SOB carry. Most of our IWB folks carry behind the inseam of their pants and\or behind the hip bone particularly when concealing a full size auto. The worst that would happen is I'd ask you to reposition it if I saw you covering yourself on a draw and you wouldn't do that, would you? I was glad not to see any two handed holstering on Wednesday or really any other serious safety issues.

COOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I, uh, have, uh, question about my backup rig. I was just wondering if you can accommodate it, in case my primary weapon fails during a match.

I have this “Mexican rig”. It consists of a bandolier and a matched pair of Colt 44’s, in holsters crisscrossed, so as to accomplish a simultaneously crisscross draw. It looks really cool when I do it, just haven’t tried it with live ammo, yet. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was kind of wondering just which category an AR or AK pistol falls into ???

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
I was kind of wondering just which category an AR or AK pistol falls into ???

Well in this league it's apparently strictly barrel length -- any AR, AK, or whatever would be in 'Backup' if the barrel's under 3.8". If you have such a gun I hope we can do some low-light shooting 'cause I want to see the muzzle flash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Would a Makarov count as "carry class"?

Post subject: Makarov a Carry Class?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:16 am 

In order to keep it simple its barrrel length in this league, less than3.8 inches and centerfire, its a carry class

chunkstyle wrote:
Would a Makarov count as "carry class"?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Cool. Maybe I'll bring my CZ-82.

Post subject: Defensive Handgun League - Bill's North - Wednesday 12/14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:29 pm 

Well we are back at again next week with some modifications to let more folks participate and try to make the rules and COF clearer to everyone:

1) I'm going to add 20 to 35% to the time and myself ( I'm a very average shooter) and Greg, a newbie to timed shooting, will shoot the COF and make adjustments. This league is not for real beginning shooters, but we want folks to have time to get most or all of the rounds downrange.

2) Once everyone reports ready to go we will read the string of fire details over the PA to remind everyone what we are doing right before the Standby command is given.

3) We'll change targets 1/2 thru, too many bullet holes in one target make it tough to score.

Just to keep it interesting and easier to understand you may only draw when the target faces you. But be careful, sometimes the target will turn away from you, shoot it then you get to add 15 points for shooting at a non threat target.

To prove I can be evil when it comes to course design the 12/28 match will feature some low light strings, so bring those tactical flashlights.

I'll post the COF by this Wednesday, but pls mark the 14th and 28th on your calendar.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Concering low light...

Oh, well then, If flashlights are ok, Can I use my Crimson Trace laser? Then if yes, is that only during low light, or on all COF? I turned it off at the last shoot

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Reality Check...

Will there be a league on Dec. 07? IDPAShooters last post seemed to imply that the next shoot was on Dec. 14.

Mostly-

Post subject: The League is every other Wed
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:58 pm 

So far the only other dates are 12/14 and 12/28. I'll look at turnout and talk with Bill's after the 14th match, but I'm only able to run it every other week if there is sufficient interest in the league to support this schedule.

I'm hoping to start IDPA at Bill's North this winter, but may not have enough qualified help to do it this winter. I'll let this forum know when I know, which s/b in the next week or two.

Reality Check...

Will there be a league on Dec. 07? IDPAShooters last post seemed to imply that the next shoot was on Dec. 14.

Mostly-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Crimson Trace OK? I'll let the forum decide
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:20 pm 

It's a Defensive Handgun League so I'm not looking for scopes, but I almost bought a laser for my S&W 649 and have looked at a LaserMax for my Glock 26. Certainly would be nice, at night in particular, to have them.

It's America so comment and vote if you have been or are planning to come to this League. Also I'd like to keep this league carry focused or I'll have folks telling me their home defense gun is a Remington 870 or an AR 15 and the want to use the shotgun/rifle. That's also why I'm inclined to say no to to M3 and M6's and other lights and lasers at lot of us own, but never carry.

Concering low light...

Oh, well then, If flashlights are ok, Can I use my Crimson Trace laser? Then if yes, is that only during low light, or on all COF? I turned it off at the last shoot

Mostly-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have heard some "not so good" comments on the LaserMax. I have heard some excellent comments on the Crimson Trace. Personally, I am going to make some minor changes to my carry weapon to make the factory sights better and more visibible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.