Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Defensive Handgun League - Bill's North 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's 1420 (2:20PM) and is still coming down an inch an hour. :( I just got done removing 6-8" of the white fluffy crap from my driveway and the 16" snow ridge left behind by the city. :evil: It's days like these that make me long for the Lone Star State!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 pm 

Lexington north of 36 is good to 694, north of that I don't have direct experience, but a co-worker who lives north says it is OK, and recommends it as an alternative to 35W tonight. That's what I'm going to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Lexington is 35 mph almost all the way up to Circle Pines, but it's not a bad drive. I can make it from St. Paul to Bill's in about 15 minutes going that way in the summertime.

Take Lexington north to Flowerfield Rd. Make a left on Flowerfield and drive five blocks to 88th Ave. Make a left on 88th and you're there.

Post subject: New Rules - More Rounds Allowed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:45 am 

The League allows Novices to learn and practice their shooting in a relaxed and SAFE atmosphere, yet the friendly competition gives Experienced Shooters the chance to focus and hone their skills. Courses of fire will varied and will require multiple reloads and require 50 to 120 rounds. All courses are Limited Vickers, you may not take extra shots, subtract 10 points per extra shot. We also ask you to subtract 10 points for failure to follow course directions and 15 points for hits on a non threat target.
League Rules
1. All existing range rules for Bill's are in full force and effect.
2. All participants must draw from a strong side holster or low ready ( 45 degree angle ) position. Shoulder, pocket, cross draw and small of the back holsters are not permitted for safety reasons, no exceptions.
3. We have 3 classes based on barrel length and/or number of rounds fired. You may load 5 rounds only in handguns whose barrels are under 3”. Anything over 3 inches you may load and fire 6 or 8 rounds, your choice. Goal is to level the field for J frames and short barrel autos, while allowing our faster shooters to shoot 8 rounds versus 6 in a given string of fire.
4. All ammunition must be center fire and of a type and caliber authorized by Bill's rules. No reshoots will be given so factory or reliable reloads are requested.
5. By shooting all participants represent that that are in lawful possession of the firearm being used and have the necessary training, skill and physical and mental conditioning to compete safely.
6. Competitors have had the opportunity to review the COF description, ask questions and certify that they know and understand the course of fire.
7. The Rangemaster is in control of the range and will act to preserve safety, including disqualifying participants for safety violations. No refunds will be given and all RM instructions must be followed. The club and/or Bill's and may suspend the persons right to shoot in this league for serious safety violations.
8. Shooting order is first come, first served. Pay your fee to Bill's, print your name, firearm used and number of shots loaded on the sign in sheet. We will squad you based on number of lanes working, so please be ready when your squad is called. We expect to take groups roughly every 15 minutes and the last sign up is 7:45pm to allow a timely finish.
9. Take your target into the lounge area and score it, recording your score on the sign in sheet. You should not record your score if you do not want it posted on various websites.
10. Remember the scoring is like bowling the higher the better. A miss is 5 points down, 10 points subtracted for each extra shot fired and 10 points for failure to follow the COF correctly. It is 15 seconds for each hit on a non threat target.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Once again, snow is forecast for league night !! :(

It looks like I won't be there on the 28th due to our upcoming move. I'll have to play it by ear. Of course, any volunteers would be appreciated !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm planing to be there on the 28th and bring a buddy!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Defensive Handgun League- 12/28 - Bill's North
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:05 pm 

Sorry, meant to post this in the morning. We'll be there 6 to 8 tonight. Have an interesting COF planned.

Show up early and bring those tactical lights. I'll have the Glock 35 there with the new Crimson Trace laser attached so you can give it a try.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bob,

Thanks for a fun time! I enjoyed it and will be back to do some more the next few times.

Thanks again,

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:10 pm 

Well I finally made it and had a good time. I shot a 384 now for the results to see how I did overall.
Some things I learned, The light I used was useless, My holster doesnt draw as smooth as I thought.

Thanks to all envolved and I will try and make it back again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Defensive Handgun scores are coming, Glock CT Laser
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 am 

Sat down to do the scoring last evening and the lights went out. Scores will be posted by today, even though my own shooting and therefore scores were off. Sometimes it just depends on the day!

I did get the chance to use the CT Laser on my Glock 35. It worked great and, while I have big hands, I don't think it enlarges the grip to any great degree. When Mark installed it he had to take off the rubber grip decals that I'm fond of, but the laser worked really well. Easy to see in full range light, really bright in low and almost no light

This was my first time shooting it and I have not sighted it in. I did have three other folks shoot it and all were able to rapid fire and keep it in the center ring at 10, 12 and 15 yards. Up to 25 yds it was easy to keep it centered, with concentration up to 40yds, but 50 was tough for me at least.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Defensive Handgun League - Low Light Shooting
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:43 am 

We had two stages with low light shooting this week. On the first one the lighting was kinda low, on the second string real low, see your hand but not the target. Everyone seemed to like it and we know most shootings occur in low light.

Based on the above, there will be at least two strings of low to little light in our future matches. Bring those tactical lights with for all future matches. Don't have one, see the new thread on tactical lights.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bob, personally, I could see the target better than my sights. The red flashing light REALLY messed with me :shock:

Post subject: Scores from Defensive Handgun League 12/28/05
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:47 pm 

The scores are linked at http://twincitiesidpa.com/mainpages/mat ... _index.htm

They will also be posted on Bill's Website within a day or to after the match at
http://billsgs.com/modules.php?name=Nuk ... agues.html

We will be putting out a "sticky" so you can quickly find the relevant links on Twin Cities IDPA at http://twincitiesidpa.com/ and at Bill's http://billsgs.com/index.php

These links will allow you to find the updated rules and procedures with out searching the forum and wondering if you have the current rules, etc. Bill's website is up to date and Greg will be updating our site and the links as quickly as his time permits.

Greg Howell is our webmaster and has been running the programming and most of the range commands. He is doing a great job, and I wanted to acknowledge and thank him for his work.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bob:

Please pass on our compliments to Greg for the "outstanding" work that he has done in programming the COF for the Defensive Shoots..........

Post subject: Score Correction
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:56 am 

Bob -

My crappy handwriting strikes again! My score was last Wednesday was 354, not 394. Please correct the records.

Thanks!

Tom Kuehn

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.