Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Results of Defensive Handgun League - 12/14/05 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Anyone know if "Wolf" ammo is steel cased? Does "non-corrosive" mean not steel? Looks like Bills doesn't allow steel cased ammo.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:48 am 

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
Anyone know if "Wolf" ammo is steel cased? Does "non-corrosive" mean not steel? Looks like Bills doesn't allow steel cased ammo.

Mostly-

Correct on both counts. Wolf ammo is steel-cased, and Bill's doesn't allow it. Burnsville doesn't care.

TomK
Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
Mostly-

Actually I believe "non-corrosive" refers to the primer; the chemistry of old primers was such that they left moisture in the barrel & caused corrosion. I'm pretty sure just about any currently manufactured ammo is non-corrosive. You can, however, still buy WWII era ammo with the old primers; just clean the weapon after shooting and it's no problem.

But, yeah, like TomK said, Wolf is steel cased and Bill's doesn't allow it, or aluminum cased like Blazer ammo. They don't want to have to sort it out of the reuseable brass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:20 pm 

Bill's doesn't allow aluminum ammo??? Whoops. That's news to me. Is there a sign somewhere I haven't been seeing? I've been using Blazers, but after my recent multiple crimp jumping issue, I may be avoiding the Blazers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

I spoke with one of the guys there two shoots ago. He said they might, repeat, MIGHT consider steel cased ammo, as it can be easily seperated with a magnet. I haven't heard of any decision, yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

bab wrote:
Bill's doesn't allow aluminum ammo??? Whoops. That's news to me. Is there a sign somewhere I haven't been seeing? I've been using Blazers, but after my recent multiple crimp jumping issue, I may be avoiding the Blazers.

I'm basing this on their policy as posted at Robbinsdale (at the counter and, as I recall, in the men's room). I was just assuming they have the same policy at Circle Pines. I've shot Blazer ammo at Robbinsdale a couple times if that's what I had, 'cause I figure nobody there hates me enough to be watching that close. I try to pick it all up and put it in the trash can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:14 pm 
On time out

BigRobT wrote:
I spoke with one of the guys there two shoots ago. He said they might, repeat, MIGHT consider steel cased ammo, as it can be easily seperated with a magnet. I haven't heard of any decision, yet.

Awesome; finally. I've been waiting :wink:

Post subject: Re: Tactical Lights, Lasers and .22's
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:08 am 

IDPA Shooter wrote:
Another off-the-wall question: The initial post mentioned that center-fire guns are required. Is there any chance there could be a rim-fire edition? I'd love to try this with my new Sig Mosquito .22!

If you want to shoot it not for score that's fine.

Bob -

What would be the procedure for a not-for-score round? I'm assuming I'd pay twice.

TomK

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Just a thought, but maybe we could have an "unlimited class" , say use the last run threw of the course for it. so if someone wanted to shoot with an M3 on their glock, ok, or someone wanted to use a .454 casult, OUCH but ok. we keep the scores seperate or we don't record scores?

just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:40 pm 

I kind of agree with grayskys,,I'd like to get more proficient with the equipment I am going to have at my disposal (pistol mounted light). Although I fully understand why you don't want to have pistol lights (the logistics of having us take them off/ putting them on...). I'll abide by the rules however, kuz I am a team player. :D .

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: OK, gun mounted lights are in and so are the .22 calibers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:01 pm 

Zerwas wrote:
I kind of agree with grayskys,,I'd like to get more proficient with the equipment I am going to have at my disposal (pistol mounted light). Although I fully understand why you don't want to have pistol lights (the logistics of having us take them off/ putting them on...). I'll abide by the rules however, kuz I am a team player. :D .

We will get list them accordingly on the on the score sheet. Steve is right about my concern re taking pistol lights on and off and most folks not having holsters. Let's just leave the lights on the gun.

I think if we list the gun, light/laser, .22's people will understand that the .22 shooter did not really take out the Kimber .45 shooter who had the 3" barrel.

Bill's has not been charging for second guns, but we do ask that you wait until everyone has a chance to shoot their first round before shooting second gun.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.