Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Burnsville Pistol Range Indoor IPSIC League 
 Post subject: Burnsville Pistol Range Indoor IPSIC League
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

The next "IPSIC" League matches scheduled at the Burnsville Pistol Range are Thursday, January 12 and Thursday, January 26.

This is an indoor match that uses the 2 shooting bays to conduct informal IPSIC/USPSA matches. These are not approved IPSIC/USPSA matches but follow their general rules. The classes used are standard IPSIC divisions. Some concessions are made to IPSIC stage guidelines setting up the stages. Some stages are "Hidden Stages". They are hidden from view until you enter and no course description given. 2 stages per night.

Match usually starts with the pistol holstered. Reloads usually necessary.

The matches start at 7:00. Set-up starts at 6:00. Cost is about $10.

Contach Roger for more details. www.bvpistol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:10 pm 
1911 tainted

Sounds fun, and I assume we do not have to be a member of USPSA or IPSIC?
You mention league, so how many matches have they had this year and how many are they planning to run? 8)

Never mind, I guess I answered my own question here -

http://www.bvpistol.com/

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sounds like fun!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

You do not need to be an IPSIC/USPSA member since these are not "offical" matches. I suppose they really shouldn't be called that, but everyone knows the rough format of those matches.

The matches started in October. There have been about 2 per month and will continue until about March. Eric B. & Mike M. design the courses and run the matches (and deserve all your thanks for their efforts). I help some. The competition is not very serious. Just out for a fun night of shooting in Winter when there aren't many other matches out in the cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:16 pm 
1911 tainted

westhope wrote:
The competition is not very serious.

So even I wouldn't embarrass myself then, right. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Cobb,

No guarantees you won't "embarrass" yourself. I've shot with you too many times to know better.

Westhope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 pm 
1911 tainted

Question, do they have any type of ammo restrictions, such as, no non jacketed lead, no steel cases, etc.?

I shoot Leo's Cast & Blast bullets, and Armored Fire IDPA league would not let you shoot non jackets bullets, at least when I was attending a couple of years ago. So I was curious as to what the policy was for these matches.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
Question, do they have any type of ammo restrictions, such as, no non jacketed lead, no steel cases, etc.?

I shoot Leo's Cast & Blast bullets, and Armored Fire IDPA league would not let you shoot non jackets bullets, at least when I was attending a couple of years ago. So I was curious as to what the policy was for these matches.

Nope. Shoot what you want at Burnsville. Any normal defensive pistol ammo should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

At indoor matches (or outdoor matches on calm humid days) I shoot a jacketed or plated bullet. As with any externally lubed lead bullet it will "smoke" a little and may interfere with your sight picture. Otherwise I shoot "Cast & Blast" lead. About half the cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:07 am 

Even if the range does allow it I will not shoot lead bullets indoors. Or outdoors for that matter for as much as I have been shooting the last few years.

Right after the very first match we stopped allowing lead bullets at indoor IDPA after many, many complaints about potential health issues. I agreed 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:03 am 
Longtime Regular

At my yearly physical I always ask my doctor to run a test for lead which is not a part of the normal blood test. It has always been way below the limit. The doctor said no problem at those levels. The additional test is not expensive at all. I reload and shoot 5,000 to 10,000 rounds a year of lead 45 ACP plus other jacketed bullets.

I wash my hands and face after handling or shooting lead bullets before eating or drinking. I don't cast bullets where the lead fumes may be inhaled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:39 am 

I've heard stories both ways from people. I know some people that have been tested way high from shooting indoors every week and I know people that have tested low that cast their own bullets as you do.

Just to be safe I'm sticking with jacketed or plated bullets and I limit my indoor shooting. Which isn't too hard to do as I just plain hate shooting indoors. :)

For what it's worth I had mine tested after the last indoor season of IDPA and it tested on the high side. And I took every precaution I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:50 am 
Longtime Regular

I went, had fun. Definately a different experience. I need a better holster set-up, for sure. I shot well, though I need more off-hand experience. I was slow, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:58 am 
Journeyman Member

Indeed- It was a blast! Last night was my first time. I will be back. I need to work on weak-hand shooting, too. Next match is what- 26th? I'm in, and my wife sounded semi-interested, too... I've got a feeling I'm gonna be a all-around happy guy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:57 pm 
1911 tainted

Damn, the "whatever" that is going around kept me showing up. :cry:

Hopefully on the 26th.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.