Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:09 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 A small step for a husband, a giant leap for husband kind. 
 Post subject: A small step for a husband, a giant leap for husband kind.
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:25 am 

After months of "begging" my wife to get her PTC and carry a handgun, she finally said sure. The recent shooting at the Coon Rapids Cheep Skate (just blocks from our home) helped her see the light. We are heading out today to test fit a few guns. I've been thinking that the Kahr CW9 is the right price and the right size. Gunstop has a new one for $419. (bills has a used one for $439 :D ). She likes my Glock 17, but a full size wont fit her.

So, anyone know of a good female PTC class in the North Metro?

Thanks!

Post subject: Good class
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:40 am 

While I think there are a number of instrucutors that do special classes for the ladies. My wife and I took one from Paul at shooting safetly and he did a great job, it was a couples class, and although I did not need the class for renewal, it never hurts to get some additional insight.

Overall very good instructors, interesting, some humor, excellent range work. My wife was very comfortable with teh material and the process.

They website id shootingsafely.com

Post subject: Re: A small step for a husband, a giant leap for husband kin
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

partsscout wrote:

Carry classes actually don't have genders. :) I'd start out looking for a good class, and worry less about either plumbing or location. The class once every five years -- drive to a good one!

Shameless promotion: women students seem to like my class. See http://www.mngun.com/what_students_say.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:41 pm 

I've always wanted to do a women-only class, ever since I did some training with Vicky Farnam on the subject. Unfortunately, while I've had women in my classes, I've never had enough to justify a special class.

For those interested in learning more about the subject, I highly recommend Vicky's book "Teaching Women to Shoot." For that matter, I think reading her book can make you a better instructor, no matter who your audience is.

Shameless plug for me: www.pakieser.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maybe you should try a Women's only permit class? You might be surprised

Andrew Rothman wrote:
partsscout wrote:

Carry classes actually don't have genders. :) I'd start out looking for a good class, and worry less about either plumbing or location. The class once every five years -- drive to a good one!

Shameless promotion: women students seem to like my class. See http://www.mngun.com/what_students_say.asp

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:59 am 
Longtime Regular

That's actually a great idea, Jim. I'd be happy to do it for as few as four women. If you want to get the group together, let me know where and when -- I'll be there!

JimC wrote:
Maybe you should try a Women's only permit class? You might be surprised

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.