Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wal-Mart, Faribault, and Waseca sold out! 9mm ammo! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm 

boomingmetropolis wrote:
Forced myself to go to WW in Woodbury and Hudson on Sunday.

Woodbury, on the other hand, had NOTHING. They also had NO help. Nada.
Wasted five minutes wandering around looking for a warm body.

I've bought several UMC 250rd .40 S&W blocks for $68 at Woodbury. They sometimes have them in the counter underneath the cash register, I always have to have the electronics people page somebody to sporting goods. I've come to realize that Wally Worlds in Minnesota are like entering another country so I try to stay out of them but their ammo is the most reasonable off the shelf stuff I can find.

Cabelas had their $5 shipping last week so I ordered 600 rds of .223, it was in stock and is on it's way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've just stopped looking, mainly because I now have the reloading setup. Although I do have interest in the odd calibers that I don't reload for. I can't believe more people aren't in line to buy reloading equipment these days. With the time spent looking for ammunition at stores, you could load several hundreds of rounds on your own press at far less cost.

Half price ammunition is great, I'm glad I went and saw just how far the rabbit hole goes.

Sorry for the thread drift, but this is a well populated thread and an issue that is easily solved for anyone looking for a small hobby and to save money, or at least shoot 2-3 times as much for the same money spent. It isn't nearly as difficult as I imagined. I've posted my own cost analysis of reloading and I went for a higher end press out of personal preference. Also since I was in a hurry to reload my first rounds, I found I used components which were not as cheap as a person can find. Using plain lead bullets alone cut my cost in half again.

I wish everyone good luck in the pursuit of lead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 pm 

Smurf wrote:
The WallyWorld near me in Blaine (Lexington and 35W) has been very hit-and-miss about what ammo they have in stock. Some days, they're full up and some days, the shelves are bare.

I just stopped there tonight and picked up their last box of 45s Winchester white box of 50 JHP for just under 29.00

Abraham Lincoln

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Stopped by Red Bear Hunting Emporium in Mankato this afternoon........

.45ACP (WWB) was on the shelves priced at $24.95 for 50 rd boxes. :shock:

Didn't even bother to look at other calibers....... :?

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 am 
Journeyman Member

Quote:
If I recall, many of the big companies are fulfilling military contracts now or something, leaving us with the shortages.

thats not the whole story. I have never seen,read and heard so many nervous and pissed off people at this Govt before.

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” — Patrick Henry
www.mises.org
www.ij.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 am 

Mills Fleet Farm in Osseo had a few boxes of common calibers on the shelf, not sure if they had more in the back :?:

Other end of the world though.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 am 

Eden Prairie wallyworld had nearly a ton of 115gr 9mm in last night. I was their for the sold out .45, but grabbed 2 9mm boxes cause I didn't want to leave empty handed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 am 

I was able to score 10 boxes of WWB 9mm 100 round value packs at the Shakopee Wally World yesterday. They had at least 30 boxes left after I was done. Call your local Walmart first thing in the morning on weekdays to see if a shipment came in. They do get bought up fast.

Post subject: ammo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:59 am 

I was in the Shakopee wally world last night and they had 50rd boxes of WWB .40S&W 180gr for $16.97, I did leave two boxes for somebody else. :wink: The only other caliber was .44 mag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Now that this thread has begun anew, I was in the Egan WallyWorld on Thursday of last week. There was a 4-wheel dolly loaded down with all kinds of ammunition in case loads. There were Federal and Winchester cases, the markings on most being hidden from me. I did note 9mm and .40 cal cartons. There was also a smattering of shotshells, but I suspect that the bulk was handgun ammunition.

The back of the display case was quite empty however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Mankato Wally World has 9mm and .40 S&W again (as of Tuesday. March 10th ). 9mm WWB 100 rounds is $19.99. They also had .22 ammo again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 pm 

I was in the Red Wing W-M last night, and they had just stocked their supplies. I bought a couple boxes of 9mm WWB. They had at least 10 boxes left as of 8:30 pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wednesday night, Eden Prairie had no 9mm, no .22 greater than 50 round boxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 am 

Hudson Wally World had a shipment come in this morning. Don't ask me how I knew...

Picked up a 1000 rds of WW .45 ball.

And now they have none! :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am 
Journeyman Member

boomingmetropolis wrote:
Hudson Wally World had a shipment come in this morning. Don't ask me how I knew...

Picked up a 1000 rds of WW .45 ball.

And now they have none! :lol:

And I wonder why no one can get a couple boxes here and there! :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.