Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Congo town mounts own defense against rebels 
 Post subject: Congo town mounts own defense against rebels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:05 am 

I thought this was pretty cool ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29167366

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 am 
Raving Moderate

It sucks that the "authorities" can't be arsed to help, but good on the folks in the town. Give 'em hell!

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Aid workers and human rights activists are watching the phenomenon with trepidation. In a part of Congo with dozens of militias and rebels, they fear these self-defense groups could transform into a menacing force.

Yes, they may become a menacing force. Better for them to be hacked up by machetes than defend themselves? :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:33 am 

jaysong wrote:
Quote:
Aid workers and human rights activists are watching the phenomenon with trepidation. In a part of Congo with dozens of militias and rebels, they fear these self-defense groups could transform into a menacing force.

Yes, they may become a menacing force. Better for them to be hacked up by machetes than defend themselves? :roll:

This caught my eye right away as well. It shows how morally bankrupt many of these organizations are. Are the rebels not a "menacing force"? How about thanking these brave individuals for preventing more innocent deaths.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:49 am 
Longtime Regular

If there was a way to do it, I would donate some ammo and maybe even a gun to these people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:47 am 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
jaysong wrote:
Quote:

This caught my eye right away as well. It shows how morally bankrupt many of these organizations are. Are the rebels not a "menacing force"? How about thanking these brave individuals for preventing more innocent deaths.

It seems they have become a “menacing force” for the rebels that have attacked them. That’s a good thing if you ask me. The UN is a waste of our money.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

White Horseradish wrote:
If there was a way to do it, I would donate some ammo and maybe even a gun to these people.

I can't count how many times I've had the exact same thought.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

All it takes is the will to protect yourself and unwillingness to become a victim. They did what they needed to do with what ever means they had. Other villages need to do the same before it is too late.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

jaysong wrote:
Quote:

That's because your typical aid organizations are staffed by Tranzies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnational_progressivism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

I moved the unrelated Ron Paul discussion here: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=13093

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm 
Poet Laureate

Andrew, another new avatar so soon? I really liked the noodles, noodles, noodles one!

That was great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

That's an old one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:05 pm 

But I thought a group of civilians without military training couldn't possibly use a gun in self defense. :roll:

Good on these people. People shouldn't rely on a third party to defend their persons. Self defense is not only a right it's also a personal responsibility.

Post subject: Andrews Picture?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:32 am 

"Noodles Noodles Noodles"

and

"That's and old one"

OK, I'll put it together . . . . . "That's Using the old Noodle" . . . .

UGH!

(I'd like the blindfold please, and one of the guns does have a blank, right)?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Doesn't Amnesty International have it in their charter that their mission is to encourage genocide by guaranteeing the helplessness of certain ethnic groups?

LOL they haven't disarmed an aggressor yet but those willing to comply become the victims of the next genocide.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.