Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 2 Shot on Bus in So. Mpls 
 Post subject: 2 Shot on Bus in So. Mpls
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

While largely unremarkable in itself, this story demonstrates what appears to be a logical pattern in these incidents. The shooting never seems to start until the shooter gets off the bus. It's logical because he wants to get away and avoid the cameras.

Keep that in mind if you ride the bus.

Quote:
2 shot, wounded on Minneapolis bus
Updated: 6/2/2009 9:24:34 AM

MINNEAPOLIS -- Authorities say two people were injured Monday when they were shot while riding on a Metro Transit bus.

The shooting happened at the intersection of E. 15th St. and Chicago Ave. about 9 p.m. Authorities say a person argued with other passengers, got off the bus, then fired a gun toward the bus -- hitting two passengers.

One victim was shot in the arm and the other was grazed by a bullet. Their injuries were not life-threatening.

Metro Transit spokesman Bob Gibbons says police arrested the suspect and found the weapon.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
All Material Copyright 2009 KARE-11. All Rights Reserved.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

This was mentioned on this morning's KQ show. Terri Train asked "Where are all those conceal carry guys?" Tommy B. said "Probably not very many of them ride the bus... Instead you get a bunch of guys who carry without permits like these."

Something like that, anyway.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
This was mentioned on this morning's KQ show. Terri Train asked "Where are all those conceal carry guys?" Tommy B. said "Probably not very many of them ride the bus... Instead you get a bunch of guys who carry without permits like these."

I wonder what exactly he thought a “conceal carry guy” was suppose to do in a situation such as this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 am 

havegunjoe wrote:
chunkstyle wrote:

I wonder what exactly he thought a “conceal carry guy” was suppose to do in a situation such as this?

According to my crazy aunt, jump out of it's holster and shoot the nearest baby in the face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:40 am 
Poet Laureate

djeepp wrote:
havegunjoe wrote:

According to my crazy aunt, jump out of it's holster and shoot the nearest baby in the face.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.