Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:37 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Merciful storekeeper changes robber's mind, religon 
 Post subject: Merciful storekeeper changes robber's mind, religon
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am 

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/02/new ... erecommend

Two points I take away from this:

1. Thank god he had a gun.
2. Criminals will say/do anything to dodge responsibility for their actions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I of course don’t know what this guy’s real intentions were, and I am glad the store owner had a gun or this may have ended badly. I do however like to hear a “good” story on occasion. All we hear is doom and gloom and this story, while it may be a scam, is nice to hear. The few bucks this store owner gave the guy probably won’t break him in the long run but how many of us “Christians” would have done the same?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

I wonder if that's what happened to Cat Stevens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sweet - he's got Hi-point Carbine 8)

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/5ca_1243982483"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/5ca_1243982483" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

I look forward to reading about the next person this new convert to islam rapes or murders. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

havegunjoe wrote:
I of course don’t know what this guy’s real intentions were, and I am glad the store owner had a gun or this may have ended badly. I do however like to hear a “good” story on occasion. All we hear is doom and gloom and this story, while it may be a scam, is nice to hear. The few bucks this store owner gave the guy probably won’t break him in the long run but how many of us “Christians” would have done the same?

Good story?? A criminal back on the streets is what I read. I have 0.0000000000000000000000000001% faith that he'll actually stick to his word and stop committing crimes. If he were really interested in earning his money honestly, he would have asked for a job instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

kecker wrote:
havegunjoe wrote:

Good story?? A criminal back on the streets is what I read. I have 0.0000000000000000000000000001% faith that he'll actually stick to his word and stop committing crimes. If he were really interested in earning his money honestly, he would have asked for a job instead.

I wonder if there's an online betting pool where you can bet on when he next gets arrested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:40 am 

Interesting door on that store! I wonder how he locks that curtain at night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:22 am 
Longtime Regular

I simply consider it “good” in that the store owner demonstrated a little compassion which is something we don’t see much of these days. I know the BG is probably full of crap and a lot of folks would be happier if he was simply shot dead on the spot. Robbing a store with a baseball bat is not typically a precursor to rape/murder and I also know there are better ways to make an honest dollar that he should have pursued.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

In my opinion, the system demonstrates enough compassion as it is.....at least on people that were "just turning their life around".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Velcro?
dancar wrote:
Interesting door on that store! I wonder how he locks that curtain at night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Webster wrote:
Compassion
(a) deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering
(b) the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it

... but I would be willing to bet that anyone that commits aggravated assault and attempted armed robbery, is also into other things (or capable of). The store owner was lucky that he got the drop on the guy. The store owner might not be as lucky next time, especially now that his new student of islam knows where he keeps his gun. :idea:

This guy needs "compassion" too:
Quote:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/84blhy856s4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/84blhy856s4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

havegunjoe wrote:
I simply consider it “good” in that the store owner demonstrated a little compassion which is something we don’t see much of these days. I know the BG is probably full of crap and a lot of folks would be happier if he was simply shot dead on the spot. Robbing a store with a baseball bat is not typically a precursor to rape/murder and I also know there are better ways to make an honest dollar that he should have pursued.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.