Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 8 victims robbed at gunpoint in Brooklyn Center 
 Post subject: 8 victims robbed at gunpoint in Brooklyn Center
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 pm 

Preaching to the choir I'm sure, just goes to show you, Even if the Cops are close, doesn't mean they will be able to protect you....

Quote:
Police say eight victims robbed at gunpoint during a robbery Monday morning in Brooklyn Center.

Officers say four suspects broke into a second floor apartment of the Sterling Square Apartment complex on the 6600 block of Humboldt Avenue North.

The suspects were let into the apartment around 4 a.m. They then ordered two women into the bathroom and bound six men’s hands and feet with duct tape at gunpoint. One person was injured, however their condition remains unknown.

"When you bind someone with duct tape, you use handguns, you actually injure one of the victims—it doesn’t get any more violent than that," said Brooklyn Center Police Cmdr. Mike Reynolds.

Officials believe the four suspects were targeting something of value inside the apartment but they would not comment what that was.

"It makes me want to move. I don’t even want to be in the vicinity, because if they did it to them, what makes me any different," said resident Brittany Riser.

Police say the suspects got away with cash, cell phones, and a tan 2005 Chevy Tahoe with Minnesota plates PNY 459.

Reynolds tells 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS what makes the home invasion more disturbing, is the fact their police department is approximately 100 feet away from the apartment.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Brooklyn Center Police Department at (763) 569-3333.

Click here for the link to the story on Channel 5

Post subject: Re: 8 victims robbed at gunpoint in Brooklyn Center
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 pm 

MNXD9 wrote:
Preaching to the choir I'm sure, just goes to show you, Even if the Cops are close, doesn't mean they will be able to protect you....

Quote:
The suspects were let into the apartment around 4 a.m.

Officials believe the four suspects were targeting something of value inside the apartment but they would not comment what that was.

Gee, I wonder what 8 people were doing in one apt. with "something of value" at 4 a.m.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 pm 
Journeyman Member

And my buddies still don't understand why I won't let my guard down at home *near Brooklyn center*, when we live ~200 feet from the police station.

I'll have to show them this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:28 pm 

Quote:
"When you bind someone with duct tape, you use handguns, you actually injure one of the victims—it doesn’t get any more violent than that," said Brooklyn Center Police Cmdr. Mike Reynolds.

Seth watches the cursor blink as the thought travels through his head that a police commander of a major metropolitan city couldn't possibly make such an unbelievably stupid statement to a major news network.

A small amount of rage flows through his veins as he contemplates why this angers him so. Is it the fact that he wants to support the police but finds it hard when he reads statements like this? Or is it the fact that he knows that his six month old, if he were able to speak, would say something like, "He couldn't possible be that dumb."

He relaxes as he realizes that this gentleman would probably not make such an ignorant statement had he a do-over. But still...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 pm 

Nords wrote:
And my buddies still don't understand why I won't let my guard down at home *near Brooklyn center*, when we live ~200 feet from the police station.

What do you bet that if they catch these guys/gal they find out that their Mpls residents.

Mpls's 4th pct has gunshots right in the alley of the pct.

Being near a precinct doesn't protect you at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
Quote:

Seth watches the cursor blink as the thought travels through his head that a police commander of a major metropolitan city couldn't possibly make such an unbelievably stupid statement to a major news network.

A small amount of rage flows through his veins as he contemplates why this angers him so. Is it the fact that he wants to support the police but finds it hard when he reads statements like this? Or is it the fact that he knows that his six month old, if he were able to speak, would say something like, "He couldn't possible be that dumb."

He relaxes as he realizes that this gentleman would probably not make such an ignorant statement had he a do-over. But still...

I had the same thought. :D

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 am 
Raving Moderate

usmarine0352 wrote:
Nords wrote:

What do you bet that if they catch these guys/gal they find out that their Mpls residents.

Mpls's 4th pct has gunshots right in the alley of the pct.

Being near a precinct doesn't protect you at all.

Ironically enough, if you read the 4th Precinct's arrest highlights for a given week (as I do regularly- I have a bit of an interest there), you'll often find a large number of those arrested have come from Brooklyn Center/Brooklyn Park...

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Lawyer_in_Training wrote:
MNXD9 wrote:

Quote:

Gee, I wonder what 8 people were doing in one apt. with "something of value" at 4 a.m.?

Exactly what went through my mind when I read this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:

Funny. I end up focusing on a different part of the same sentence. Who do you let in at 4 a.m. Not a whole lot of people, that I would give that consideration.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lawyer_in_Training wrote:
MNXD9 wrote:

Quote:

Surely a Scrabble board game isn't that valuable is it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 am 
Longtime Regular

A little more info:

Quote:
Three men and a woman sought in June 8 Brooklyn Center home invasion
# By Sue Webber Sun Newspapers

(Created: Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:59 AM CDT)
Brooklyn Center Police are seeking three men and a woman who allegedly invaded an apartment, bound the residents with duct tape, stole the contents of their pockets and then made off in one of the resident's Chevy Tahoe.

"All eight victims, seven adults and one 17-year-old, were duct-taped, and everyone's pockets were emptied by the four suspects," Brooklyn Center Police said. "Police do not think this is random."

Police said one of the apartment's residents ran to the police department to report the incident, which occurred sometime between 4 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.

Officers responded to the apartment complex, which is on the 6600 block of Humboldt Ave. N, at 6 a.m. Monday, June 8.

The four home invaders were let into the apartment by one of the eight people in the apartment, police said.

The Chevy Tahoe has Minnesota plates bearing the number PNY 459.

Police reported that witnesses described the home invaders as three black men and a black woman, and said that three of the four carried semi-automatic handguns.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:32 am 
Longtime Regular

That's an odd reaction to a triple word score

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:19 pm 

What's funny about this story is that I didn't know about the extent of it until I read it here. The Strib only mentioned this story in the context of the cutting off of state funds to cities affecting services (Brooklyn Center being the example cited) on Thursday the eleventh, and the robbery sounded more low key, almost a burglary instead. Nothing on the yahoo news or the Friday or Saturday Stribs (I look at them at work and stay away from TV).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.