Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Today at GunStop 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 am 

joelr wrote:
340PD wrote:
I saw Joel once. I didn't actually 'meet' him. I think it was at BPR and I had just stopped in to pick up a copy of "The Book". I didn't realize it was Joel at the time as he kept his identity on the down-low. 8) I only learned this fact after I emailed him shortly after and he mentioned he was there when I bought the book. Someday I'll meet Joel. Someday...
Years and years ago, I happened to be in Book Stop in New Haven -- I was living there -- when somebody walked in and bought a copy of my first novel, The Sleeping Dragon.

Chuck -- the owner -- was working the counter that day, and smiled, as he handed the guy his change. "You know," he said, "I bet that if Joel Rosenberg, the author of the book, were here, he'd sign it for you."

The guy kinda shrugged. "Sure. I guess."

Chuck nodded at me. "That's him."

The guy looked me up and down. "Yeah, right," he said, as he walked out.

Opportunity missed. Hopefully there was a picture of you on the inside back cover of the book so he could out two and two together. And then... :bang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 am 
The Man

Nope. Didn't have a photo on any of my paperbacks until many years later.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

340PD wrote:
Opportunity missed. Hopefully there was a picture of you on the inside back cover of the book so he could out two and two together. And then... :bang:

I assume Joel actually wants to sell his books. Seems to me that putting his picture on them would be counterproductive to that goal. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Today at GunStop
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:26 am 

Hell, I've seen Joel partially move from this Universe to one much HOTTER that had a red glow to it that reeked of brimstone and leftover plutonium waste, and the expression on his face as he floated between these two separate realities was quite amusing....

He also used to hang out over at the Gander Mountain in Woodbury before they screwed that up, and most Saturdays you could see him standing like a misplaced urban vagrant chain smoking outside the front door.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:36 am 
The Man

Seismic Sam wrote:
Hell, I've seen Joel partially move from this Universe to one much HOTTER that had a red glow to it that reeked of brimstone and leftover plutonium waste, and the expression on his face as he floated between these two separate realities was quite amusing....
Argh. And the trouble is that, under all that heat, it actually tastes good. I'm tempted to have another bite at the upcoming picnic.
Quote:
He also used to hang out over at the Gander Mountain in Woodbury before they screwed that up, and most Saturdays you could see him standing like a misplaced urban vagrant chain smoking outside the front door.
True. As it turned out, their screwup was good for me, even though it's cost them some small number of thousands of bucks in profit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm 

Took that 329 nightguard to BV range today and it had consistent weak primer strikes and failures to fire. My reloads would fire on the second try but the Magtech factory ammo would not fire even with repeated attempts. I took it to the shop for their opinion, which is pending, and it may be going back to S&W.

Frankly the recoil didn't bother me. I found it far more disconcerting to get a CLICK instead of ignition.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.