Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 5.56 at Streichers 
 Post subject: 5.56 at Streichers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Streichers has a bunch of Federal XM193F 5.56 in stock, $12 and change per box.

Sounds like they have more in the back, too.

-Mark

ETA - American Eagle .40S&W as well. Didn't see that price.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 5.56 at Streichers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 pm 

Well, thanks for the heads-up.

Guess I'll wander over there and see how much I can load in the back of the vehicle! :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

Thats not a bad price, and what I paid a few months ago online for it.

I just found that Reeds up in Walker, MN has an even better price:

http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=17136&pc=431

Quote:
Federal Ammunition 5.56mm 55GR MCBT (XM193F)
IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!

400 Rounds $189.99
1000 Rouds $459.99

Model: XM193F
55 Grain
FMJ

I had spent $12 a box from natchez, which was 60 cents per round. But the same thing from Reeds is only 46 cents per round, which is almost the same price as hard to find wal-mart Federal valuepacks of .223 (.43 each)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nords wrote:
But the same thing from Reeds is only 46 cents per round, which is almost the same price as hard to find wal-mart Federal valuepacks of .223 (.43 each)

Whew - finally normalcy seems to be on the horizon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:41 pm 

My friend and I were in there last Wednesday grabbing the last few boxes of American eagle .40 cal. We started talking to the gentleman behind the counter about ammunition and it's ridiculous to obtain status (at decent prices). He recounted a tale for us of a customer who came in recently rather concerned that his 13 CASES of ammunition was nowhere near enough to protect his family come the Obama riots/crime waves. I'm not judging anyone, I just want the fear hording to stop so I can continue my favorite hobby without going broke in the process.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

adjudicator wrote:
My friend and I were in there last Wednesday grabbing the last few boxes of American eagle .40 cal. We started talking to the gentleman behind the counter about ammunition and it's ridiculous to obtain status (at decent prices). He recounted a tale for us of a customer who came in recently rather concerned that his 13 CASES of ammunition was nowhere near enough to protect his family come the Obama riots/crime waves. I'm not judging anyone, I just want the fear hording to stop so I can continue my favorite hobby without going broke in the process.

13 cases? Dear heavens, I could escape a zombie invasion with far less than that.

Yeah. That's the kind of person who makes me :roll:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Ok I have a general rule that I maintain at least 1000 rounds of each of my calibers at all times, but 13 cases is a bit ricockulous. If you want to know why there is a shortage is people like this are trying to recreate Fort Knox in their living room.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 am 

The Lakeville Fleet Farm had some ammo a few weeks back, so I picked some up for my NRA WOT Clinic. The kid ringing up my order says "How about about the 500% tax on ammo that's coming?" I asked him where he had heard that and I got the imfamous "From one of my friends". Same thing when I'm at BPR. Folks have been coming in since the election with all kinds of rumors that "Well, I heard from my friend..."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 am 
The Man

Yup. There's a fair amount of that stuff going on.

Me, I'd rather know facts. For one fact, an online ammo order I placed, a couple months ago, just shipped yesterday.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 am 

Only 13 cases? Hmmm, obviously times are hard in that household.

Personally, I'd feel grossly impoverished if that's all I had in reserve. And a not slightly unprepared. Then again, I like to put a case or more down range every month.

And when it comes to 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 5.56 etc, I cannot imagine having too much.

I've got a rather small house but you'd be hard pressed to find this stuff unless you knew where to look...or you brought a dog.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.