Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Firearm Repair Shipping 
 Post subject: Re: Firearm Repair Shipping
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 am 
Journeyman Member

It sounds like you got your answer, but just to add my experience; if the serial number has changed, you will have to fill out all the paperwork again at your FFL, just like when you purchased new. I had to do that with a rifle that Remington replaced last year.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:03 am 

crshooter wrote:
It sounds like you got your answer, but just to add my experience; if the serial number has changed, you will have to fill out all the paperwork again at your FFL, just like when you purchased new. I had to do that with a rifle that Remington replaced last year.
Jeff

I did not have to fill out new paperwork when my S&W rifle was replaced with a new serial numbered lower. Nothing in sec. 922 states that such would be required. Companies obviously have different policies and interpret the law and their own polices how they best see fit at the time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:43 pm 
Journeyman Member

gyrfalcon wrote:
MTinMN wrote:
When my P-11 had to go back to Kel-Tec for repair, they shipped it back directly to me without any problems.

How long ago was this, and did they replace the receiver?

This February and no.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 pm 
Journeyman Member

Only once have I ever had to ship anything back to a manufacturer - a slight mishap with my Ruger P90 that was 100% my fault. I shipped it UPS to them and they sent it right back fully repaired free of charge with a nice handwritten note.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.