Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Wives and Guns 
 Post subject: Wives and Guns
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:43 pm 

Got married just over a year ago. (It Was the last time JAC714 was in church, I Have proof/pictures). Wife got a 22/45 Ruger fluted bull 6 7/8 inch for Aniversary / birthday. She has a permit and now 5 guns. Christmas / birthday presents are always a hit, maybe a miss?

Steve

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wives and Guns
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:22 pm 

If you're not absolutly sure that she wants a gun for a present, you had better be giving her a second "better"* present at the same time. Even if you are sure that she want a gun, still give her a second present.

*Better being something made of precious metals/gems.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:18 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.bewareofthedoghouse.com/ 8)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:23 am 

Spend more on your wife's gun than on the last gun you bought for yourself. I know it breaks the bank, but it makes her happy.

Congratulations on choosing a wife who likes guns :) I was lucky to find one of those too. A couple weeks ago we were watching a special on Discovery about the M16/AR15. Our conversation went something like this:

me: "I really want to buy an AR sometime."
wife: "What would you EVER need one of those for?"
me: (pause...trying to think of a good answer...)
wife: "Well, ok, maybe just one."

That just made my day :)

Post subject: Wives and Guns
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:04 am 

While my wife has never been "Abused", in Fact lead a pretty sheltered life, the fact that she has her P2C and now 5 in the rack, I would say it has to do with "Empowerment". Before I came into her life, the shades were always drawn, and things happened outside which went unnoticed. Even the second floor windows could not be seen out of. Today she lives a much different life, the fellow that got killed in North Minneapolis died only about 300 feet from this computer in the basement of our home. She noted that after this happened ALL of the neighbors went OUTSIDE. Most of us had our yards taped off, and four several hours I couldn't even get my cars out of the yard due to police lines. Today she is a gun toting, God Fearing, Motorcycle riding woman. She's come a long way Baby. While she doesn't like the fact that this happened so close, she is willing to stay in this North Minneapolis S***hole. Sometimes I have to leave for a couple of days on Business. She Fears not. It is interesting when we drive around, she might say "My Antenna Just went up" , meaning she is at a heightened level of Suroundings Awareness, we often notice the same things i.e. such as a group of "Hooded" people hanging arould the door of a Dollar Store. That day even the store owner locked the door after we entered. It is nice having someone you trust cover your back. I don't think it is even a dollar amount of a purchased gun that does it. I think it is the fact that a gun in this case is both power, trust, and respect. It is somthing we do together also. Yesterday was church and the gun range, Time was short and one had to be eliminated. We had a nice day at Bills. I guess one place can save your soul and the other your arse.

DE KA0OLD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 am 
Raving Moderate

Steve-

Wow. You got a great one!! Great posts, BTW. I've noticed my wife beginning to "get it" more- no guns for her yet, but give me some more time... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mine has her first firearm on order. Due to somewhat of a passive nudging over the past two years, along with meeting other people and shooting with other people, she has grown much more accepting of carrying and shooting. Now if Larry at the Gunstop could charm, bribe or swindle Kimber to deliver the darn thing, we'd go have more fun.

One of the most fun activities she's done, didn't include me at all. The Women on Target classes which are occasionally offered by DonL or Ttousi, proved to be very fun for her and two of her friends.

Its amazing how receptive a woman (or significant other) can be when the information isn't coming from the other significant other. For my part, taking her shooting, and letting her do what she wants instead of what I want, made the most progress.

So enjoy! Life is good when the lady of the house is in agreement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 am 

We had a discussion a while ago about my growing collection. She agreed that we can talk about it again when
I have more than her father had, which leaves me room for about 20 more :) The one gun of her dad's that
she wanted was an old Ruger Mark I .22, which she's got in my safe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:39 pm 

While my wife isn't/wasn't very anti-gun having grown up with a father who hunted and then joining the military, she was very anti-carry permit for me. Now that I have been carrying it for like a week she says, when did you start carrying it? I said like a week ago and all I got was an "oh...didn't really notice". That's a very positive response from my wife. If that's all I got in response it means she has gotten over her objections to me carrying. Last Xmas she said to me: "I need an M16 to hunt with" (her words not mine). I asked her why and she said, "because that's what I'm used to shooting in the Army". Long story short, she has a Robinson XCR in 5.56 (no it's not pink or anything) and it's "hers". :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.