Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 A Great Day at the Range 
 Post subject: A Great Day at the Range
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:25 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

What a way to spend a couple hours on a Sunday

Goalie and Rothman and I just went to the range - a great time was had all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Which range? I just met a couple of friends up at Metro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:39 pm 

We were at Minnetonka Sportsman's Club out on 15 west of Mound.

For the record, Pinnacle's Sig is a POS, and I DO NOT NEED ONE!!!!! It would barely hold a two-inch group offhand at 10 yards, and is clearly unsuitable for self-defense.

I'll have to bring my timer next time. I am quite the warm-weather weenie nowdays, so I need to get back outside and get into practice now that it's warm out. I didn't feel all that slow, just kind of "off" trying to work that retention holster.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:47 pm 

that SERPA is something to get used to -

and you were not slow - perhaps just off a little due to different equipment.

i am the one that was slow today and By the way -

That 229 really is a POS - isn't it - it can barely hold over a 2" GROUP AT 10 YARS SHOOTING AS FAST AS YOU CARE OT........COMPLETELY UNSUITED TO SERIOUS PISTOL WORK? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think some of the the few other folks at the range were a bit taken aback by the idea of three guys using defensive pistols to -- horrors -- practice defensive shooting, rather than some tame slow-fire target practice.

I can talk about carry laws all day, but these boys here can shooot!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

We were just showing off new toys to each other, Scott just got a Model 19, his first revolver, though his Glock couldn't hold groups for crap, Kevin had just got a Taurus featherweight snubbie in .45 LC, quite a nice gun, very light recoil for such a heavy bullet. I myself was evaluating some new .40S&W target loads, 155gr Rainier plateds and 175 gr LSWCs, the leads in a Beretta 96, the plateds in a CZ-40P and the Scott's Glock. I liked the plated reloads in the Glock much better than factory Federals.

I had also brought a CZ-82 and a Star BM, with which I was practicing offhand firing. Kevin had also brought a SIG in .357SIG, which I ended up shooting considerably more accurately than he did.

The Beretta was a favorite of Scott's, and everyone loved the Taurus. Kevin also had brought a Bianchi highrise belt holster for a Model 19 for Scott to check out, and he was sold, and we went to Bill's North so Scott could order one.

Altogether, a very nice Sunday afternoon, though Metro is considerably priceier than my usual trip to Burnsville. Kevin is a member of Bald Eagle, so when the summer season starts, we can shoot there on his nickel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:33 am 

Again - plated bullets SUCK

We saw evidence of jacket seperation in my 229 Yesterday - this can get dangerous if enough plating amterial becomes lodged in the BBL - you can have a problem.

No more plated bullets for me. They were a nioce thought - but they are just not seemingly worht the potential problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, this time at least, the plateds worked just fine in 3 different guns. these were .40S&Ws, 155gr Rainier. YMMV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:38 pm 

I am pushing them over 1000 fps for reliability of the guns - they still are inconsistent.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.