Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Words to remember. 
 Post subject: Words to remember.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 am 
Wise Elder

Quote:
"An angry ex-girlfriend or wife is the best person in the world, the
greatest source of information."

Tim Sloan, Agent, BATFE
Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time
By DANE SCHILLER
Staff reporter
Houston Chronicle
June 30, 2009
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6505651.html#

Post subject: Re: Words to remember.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 pm 

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 pm 
Journeyman Member

"It turned out two handguns, of a type drug gangsters prefer, were bought by a pastor for target practice."

Huh..... I wonder what those are? Gold plated Desert Eagle .50s? Crappy .380s? Cheap throwaway .38s? Sigs? The Evil Ubiquitous Glock?
Awful reporting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 pm 

Handguns that gangsters prefer? Wouldn't that be anything stolen? I highly doubt many gangsters fill out the proper paperwork and legally purchase their firearems. How can someone who lives in a $30,000 house afford to by 4 high end handguns in a day? So now we base threats on the kind of home we live in? What if the person lives in a rundown house but has a passion for handguns and worked his ass off to buy these guns, Big brother should come knocking because you live in a lower class house? I don't know about you guy's, but stories like this scare the hell out of me. Think about it, if the day comes when they knock on your door and say "we're here for your guns" what would you do? I would like to think I'd stand tall and say go to hell, but it's not that simple. I have a family that I need to help support. Stories like this give me sleepless nights.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

What would I say? With less to loose than ever and freedoms disappearing by the day, what ever I said would probably be the last thing I ever said. One of my favorite quotes is " I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood. I plan on leaving the same way."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:35 pm 

After reading the article, I can't see what the problem is here. They're pounding the ground checking out possible leads, not kicking in doors or "getting your guns". Sounds to me like routine investigative work that's not at all unreasonable. Very much like the PHS tracking down VD or TB. And yeah, I kinda got an idea of what's comming... :roll:
8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.