Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Appraisal - Firearm (for insurance) 
 Post subject: Appraisal - Firearm (for insurance)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:47 pm 

I'm in the process of updating my homeowner's insurance and have also inherited a couple valuable firearms that I need to have formally appraised for insurance purposes -- any recommendations on where to go for this?

My insurer (State Farm) was unable to provide any idea of where to go for a Firearm.

Thanks!
B

Post subject: Re: Appraisal - Firearm (for insurance)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 pm 

you could talk to the gun library folks at Cabelas - if they don't have someone who does appraisals, I would think they would at least have a list of who to call in the area. or check with some of the pawn shops to see who they would call if someone brought in something nice!

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject: Re: Appraisal - Firearm (for insurance)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 pm 
In the time out chair

I believe you can submit listings from an internet site as proof of value, Say use gun broker, look up your firearm and print out five or six similar pages and use that. I know Ebay works for proving value on tools and the like to some insurance companies.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.