Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Choosing a New Carry Gun 
 Post subject: Re: Choosing a New Carry Gun
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
I really want to know what the user error is, too.

But I'll throw the H&K P7 into the mix. I love mine; it's addictive.

+1, and both Gunstop and Frontiersman have used ones in stock right now. Don't let the sticker scare you. They're worth it...

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:45 am 

Hunter07 wrote:
Blued Steel wrote:
1911a1

Yep. Gov't (5") or Commander (4") size.

Take a good look at the Springfield Armory line of 1911A1's.

I've a Mil-Spec Springfield 1911A1 that I purchased at Cabela's last month - it's been a great pistol.
b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carry the P229 and I've been very happy with it so far. Have the .40 caliber. No complaints other than that it's a little on the larger/heavier side of concealed firearms. I carry via a IWB holster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 am 

You want it; you got it.

My trusted and loved 642 is sadly AWOL. It went missing after a fishing trip near Cross Lake last week. It was packed in its place when I left the lakes, and upon returning to the cities I found it not. I can't imagine how I could have lost it. On the other hand, I just don't believe that it could have been stolen. At any rate I'm pretty embarrassed.

As for the new piece, thanks for all the input. Despite the suggestions I ended up surprising myself. A friend let my try out his Taurus PT 140, a .40. I'll tell ya, Taurus guns have an unlikely habit of hooking you. You just kind of fall in love with them. I've had one of the 1911s. Same thing.

I went down and picked one up at Frontiersman for an excellent price, as usual. It shoots nice. I'm a very happy camper.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Sietch wrote:
You want it; you got it.

My trusted and loved 642 is sadly AWOL. It went missing after a fishing trip near Cross Lake last week. It was packed in its place when I left the lakes, and upon returning to the cities I found it not. I can't imagine how I could have lost it. On the other hand, I just don't believe that it could have been stolen. At any rate I'm pretty embarrassed.

As for the new piece, thanks for all the input. Despite the suggestions I ended up surprising myself. A friend let my try out his Taurus PT 140, a .40. I'll tell ya, Taurus guns have an unlikely habit of hooking you. You just kind of fall in love with them. I've had one of the 1911s. Same thing.

I went down and picked one up at Frontiersman for an excellent price, as usual. It shoots nice. I'm a very happy camper.

wow! An honest-to-God "boating accident!" :wink:

As for the Taurus PT140, I think that's an excellent choice. I carry a PT145 as a back-up and off-duty gun.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 am 

Sietch wrote:
It went missing after a fishing trip near Cross Lake last week.

just curious - where near Crosslake? (I consider Fifty Lakes to be "home", even though I reside down here in the "Cities"...)

gun control means hitting where you aim!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:54 am 
Forum Moderator

Sietch wrote:
You want it; you got it.

Don't feel too bad...I managed to misplace an AK-47 clone :shock: I thought I knew where it was and when it turned out not to be there (months later) I could only figure that it had gone missing at the last shoot I'd had it to.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

My brother carries the PT140 and loves it. Of course, he is the slow one in the family, but what are you going to do? :D :P :lol: :mrgreen:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 am 

tullibee wrote:
Sietch wrote:

just curious - where near Crosslake? (I consider Fifty Lakes to be "home", even though I reside down here in the "Cities"...)

Stayed on the shore of Whitefish Lake. I caught nothing. NOTHING. It just wasn't my weekend. But at least my buddies made sure to throw plenty over my shoulder. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:12 pm 

Sietch wrote:
tullibee wrote:
Sietch wrote:

Stayed on the shore of Whitefish Lake. I caught nothing. NOTHING. It just wasn't my weekend. But at least my buddies made sure to throw plenty over my shoulder. :lol:

Including your gun :D

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.