Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Gun control hurts Blacks. 
 Post subject: Gun control hurts Blacks.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:02 pm 
Wise Elder

I remember liberal Rep. Howard Orenstein in 1989 telling me that he didn't want to ban "my" HK91 but he was afraid of "those people" getting assault weapons. I don't think he ever realized what he had just said. But I did. I heard it and I knew because when I worked as a community organizer in North Carolina in 1967 I was one of "those people" and the bed sheet boys didn't stop their killing 'cus you was white.

Quote:
Federal Bureau of Investigation statistics show that in states with more gun control, Blacks are hindered from defending their lives, while Whites are not.
After extracting civilian justifiable homicide data from the FBI Supplement Homicide reports for 2000-2007, there are clear inequities between Blacks and Whites in states which restrict the right of self-defense by not granting concealed carry permits to law-abiding citizens. Conversely, in right-to-carry (RTC) states–where law-abiding civilians carry concealed handguns in public–Blacks experienced above-average rates of justifiable homicide.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-G ... un-control

Post subject: Re: Gun control hurts Blacks.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm 
The Man

Yup. The historical connection of racism and gun control is one of those stories that most folks haven't heard.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm 

Do we get to call the gun grabber racist?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Am I remembering correctly that gun control was started in the south after the civil war as a means to keep blacks from owning guns?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 am 
The Man

gunflint wrote:
Am I remembering correctly that gun control was started in the south after the civil war as a means to keep blacks from owning guns?
You do. Clayton Cramer's written what is, so far, the definitive history on the racist roots of gun control.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks, Kimberman, for that article. It brings an angle onto and the issue that doesn't get brought up much.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.