Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Store Clerk Beaten. 
 Post subject: Store Clerk Beaten.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am 
Longtime Regular

I saw the video on this and I am not sure that the victim could have done much to avoid it other than not coming out from behind the counter to help a customer. The clerk has to come out sometime so what do you all think he could have done better? It looks like he was looking at the racks to find something the BG said he was looking for which is what a clerk is suppose to do.

Mpls. Store Clerk Beating Caught on Camera
Updated: 09/22/2009 10:24 PM KSTP.com
By: Nicole Muehlhausen, Web Producer

Minneapolis Police say the man behind the savage beating of a man, captured on surveillance video, turned himself in shortly after the crime.

Amar Albosaad, 33, was helping a customer when he was knocked unconscious. Police say the beating continued until his attackers knuckles were bloody.

"The clerk had no warning at all, this was basically a sucker punch on a guy who was just trying to help a customer," said Sgt. Jesse Garcia.

Police say Ricky Boyle continued to beat Albosaad, hitting him 15 times, even after Albosaad was unconscious. Boyle then left him to look for money.

"The suspect tried to get into the cash register, was unable to do that, got frustrated, and just left," Garcia explained.

Boyle later called 911 and turned himself in. Albosaad's family says he's still in the hospital.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1152966.shtml?cat=206#

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Store Clerk Beaten.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have read a couple of reports, including the 4th precincts report that says the clerk was disarmed by the perp as well as being beaten. I am glad that the perp turned himself in.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 pm 

Bastard. Why it's best to carry two, or three pieces in various locations. Odds are somewhat better. One gets taken away (not ideal whatsoever, not used against you, in this case, it appears) go for another while you're being assaulted. At that point, GBH is pretty clear: BANG.

Another convicted felon (Public Access Database) free to beat the innocent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 am 
The Man

I'm sorry, but there's no number of guns that would have helped Mr. al-Bosaad; once he was cold-cocked from behind, it was all over. Horrible story, and the only way he could have protected himself was to never come out from behind the counter. Realistically, you can't run a stop-n-rob that way.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:03 am 

True. The only thing that may have helped beyond staying behind the counter would have had to have head on swivel and watch the guy like a hawk, but can understand not always possible to do so. When I'm in a convenience store, I always assume it could be hit at anytime, in and out, fast as possible, with awareness on. Call it crazy, or not, I think we have all seen far too many convenience store beatings and/or murders. Of course, I'm not working there, so it's a totally different animal.

Hopefully he goes away for a extended period of time, and Mr. al-Bosaad recovers fully.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:42 am 

joelr wrote:
I'm sorry, but there's no number of guns that would have helped Mr. al-Bosaad; once he was cold-cocked from behind, it was all over.

Yeah, the perp knocked the shit out of that guy...no way he was going to defend himself after that. That video is hard to watch....effin' bastard should get charged with attempted murder.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

A story like this makes the case for bringing back the death penalty.

In which case, I'm in favor of a firing squad, due to it's lower carbon footprint versus methods like the electric chair or gas chamber.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:52 am 
The Man

mnglocker wrote:

In which case, I'm in favor of a firing squad, due to it's lower carbon footprint versus methods like the electric chair or gas chamber.

If we're going to be green, should I point out that rope can be inexpensively produced from hemp, and is easily recyclable and reusable?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 am 

sheepdog wrote:
joelr wrote:
I'm sorry, but there's no number of guns that would have helped Mr. al-Bosaad; once he was cold-cocked from behind, it was all over.

Yeah, the perp knocked the shit out of that guy...no way he was going to defend himself after that. That video is hard to watch....effin' bastard should get charged with attempted murder.

Agreed, when you continue to beat someone AFTER they are unconscious it should be considered attempted murder at that point. No doubt about it, IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 am 
Raving Moderate

joelr wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

If we're going to be green, should I point out that rope can be inexpensively produced from hemp, and is easily recyclable and reusable?

Joel FTW.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:03 pm 

Just disgusting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

I was under the impression that hanging rope is NOT reusable. A good hangman's knot is a locking knot and the the stress of the "short drop and sudden stop" makes a rope unreliable.

Now a garrote, on the other hand....

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Your refering to the Catalan garrote type device, not the little back up tools that I carry in addition to my blades right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 am 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
joelr wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

I was under the impression that hanging rope is NOT reusable. A good hangman's knot is a locking knot and the the stress of the "short drop and sudden stop" makes a rope unreliable.

Now a garrote, on the other hand....

PWally,

You don't know much about modern rope. There are fibers that when enough of them are tristed together they will pull an aircraft Carrier without stretching. A smaller diameter of the same fibers will easily hold a (record breaking weight) person without a problem. The big problem is that with heavier people, the rope will hold but the neck tends to become the weak link. It's fine as far as the execution is concerned, but it does get a bit messy. The sheeple would probably consider it cruel or unusual.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:52 am 
The Man

Well, the head coming off certainly would be unusual, at that.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.