Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 St Paul College - report of "Man with Gun" 
 Post subject: Re: St Paul College - report of "Man with Gun"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 am 
1911 tainted

realtor_packing_heat wrote:
I hope this is not next sessions argument for banning on campuses.

In the next session they ban guns on campus and that does what to stop this from happening again. If this was an incident with a lawful permit holder, then maybe a change in the law would have prevented someone seeing a lawfully carried firearm.

A change in the law would not stop one single campus murder, none.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am 

My GF goes to St. Paul College. I got a text yesterday saying "We are in lockdown and I dont know what is going on". She was in the hall on break with her freind, and some guy came and opened up the door for their classroom, let my gf and her friend in, and locked the door behind them. They sat in that room for like 2 hours before the swat team cleared up to the point where they were at. Pretty serious deal I guess. She was shaken up (mostly because she did not know what the heck was going on). That school is horrible as far as communication with people, If you are trying to find out something simple like when your loan money is coming in, you get the run around from about 5 different people. No one knows anything and they just send you somewhere else. Its amazing they could be coordinated enough to pull a search like this off (I suppose most of that was the SPPD's deal though).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am 
Longtime Regular

What I meant with my earlier, tongue-in-cheek post was this: There is something about the liberal mindset that thinks that the harder they land on something related to the subject, no matter how irrelevant the action may seem, the more widespread the effect will be. So: Relevance is not the key part, earnestness is.

So, in Boston, back in the 1990s, they suspended a little girl from school for bringing a two-inch, translucent plastic squirt gun to school. They think that if they just land with both heels on something that's only slightly related to the thing they want to eradicate -- guns, in this case -- that the discouraging effect will somehow, magically, spread to the real thing.

This explains why a liberal doofus in Minneapolis puts a bumper sticker on his car that reads "COEXiST" in letters shaped like a crescent, a cross, and a Star of David. The operator of the vehicle thinks that the message may be seen as trivial and stupid by most people, okay, sure, but maybe, just maybe, a guy in Afghanistan named Achmed who is burying an IED next to the road will pause and say to his buddy Mohammed, "Why don't we give peace a chance?"

Mohammed will pause and say, "Yes, my friend! Can't we all just get along?"

They will throw down their shovels and walk off, arms around each others' shoulders, singing "Kumbaya."

. . . and all it took was one for bumper sticker in Minneapolis to say the right thing.

Peace. Let it begin with me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 am 

You are correct, Sir. :bang:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:08 pm 

cobb wrote:

In the next session they ban guns on campus and that does what to stop this from happening again. If this was an incident with a lawful permit holder, then maybe a change in the law would have prevented someone seeing a lawfully carried firearm.

All I meant was this could be the argument for "all guns are scary" and "how is a poor college kid supposed to know the difference", ect...

I just want to see if any resolution comes of this. IMHO is there was no scary gunman and just a scary math test.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:27 pm 
1911 tainted

cobb wrote:

All I meant was this could be the argument for "all guns are scary" and "how is a poor college kid supposed to know the difference", ect...

I just want to see if any resolution comes of this. IMHO is there was no scary gunman and just a scary math test.

I understand what you mean, it is just flawed for the law to be changed for that reason.

Sheeple are scared .........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Dave Matheny wrote:
In any case, good thing they shut the school down, because the harder they land on guys who wave ballpoint pens around,

Well, you know, "the pen is mightier than the sword". And when that was written, state of the art in pens was quills; current ballpoints ought to be much deadlier.

Ghu knows what will happen when the school realizes how powerful the Internet is (mightier than tanks, the last time it was tested (in Moscow)).

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.