Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Old Shotgun 
 Post subject: Old Shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:07 pm 

Where is a good place to post a semi-collectible shotgun for sale? I am not trying to sell a firearm on twincitiescarry.com, so I don't think this post is breaking the rule, but I am looking for input from others who have sold long guns elsewhere.

NRA & Minnesota certified instructor

www.mnpersonaldefense.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Old Shotgun
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:15 pm 

I'd bypass the interlink for selling firearms. Try a gun show as a private sale. I've had good luck at shows.

There is a gun show in Anoka this weekend.

Gunbroker is well trusted for internet sales.

Last edited by partsscout on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have used Gunbroker.com with no problems. A couple of times, I have been contacted by local folks and end up doing a FTF rather than finishing it on gunbroker. If you list your location, you can get hits that way. Gun shows work well also.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:32 pm 

I've sold a firearm on gunbroker.com - and bought other accessories (no firearms though).

I've purchased FTF from some folks over on the other site.

b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Check out Shotgunworld.com or net (I forget). The largest shotgun forum on the internet and they have a for sale section.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just discovered armslist.com It's like Craigslist for guns, simpe to use and free.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:29 am 

check out this place http://www.ahlmans.com/ or you can call my most favoritest gun guy in the whole world

he runs a shop out of his pole shed.

froyums sports
46700 135th ave
zumbrota, mn 55992

eric froyum
507-824-2372

if your not in a hurry chances are that eric can find you something if he doesnt have what your looking for.
hes usually around the shop on weekdays from 5pm to 8 0r 9 pm and all day saturdays. sundays are hit and miss.
its best to call ahead of time.
he is by far one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and deal with. if he has a used gun you want he will let you test fire it before buying it. sometimes he even lets people shoot his personal firearms if they are looking for something similar and are not sure.

like i tell eveyone else i look at guns in every store i can find, but when i decide to by one i get it threw froyums.

plus his shop is a nice place to go if your just lookin for a place to shoot the breeze.

ETA: i thought you were looking for one not selling, so my brain failed me again sometimes i wonder if i can even read anymore.

ok aside from buying guns at froyums he will put them on consignment in his shop also.

see my post further down as well now that i have actually read your post correctly. :mrgreen:

Last edited by jmw55018 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:09 am 

Just sold several on GB with great results. One old one I thought would go for $50 or so went to $150.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm 

i find it strange that you people sell guns. that would mean your amount of guns gets smaller, unless of course your selling them and replacing them with an equal number of guns. that would be ok.

my colection never gets smaller, it always stays the same or gets bigger. if i part with one firearm i must replace it with another.

i think i may be afflicted with the terrible "gun bug". my mind is set that you never get rid of a gun unless another takes its place, and that you can never own to many guns.

maybe thats why i have no money.........oh well i like guns better anyway.

as a side note i almost caught the worst of the "gun bugs", the "1911 bug" but i narrowly avoided it. i do however expect it to rear its head again in the future.

between the various "gun bugs" and the "reloading bug" i am a very ill individual.

now i find myself also contemplating looking for another old shotgun......hmmm maybe another model 12 or a model 97 ....... aaaaaarrrrgggghhh see what you have started glreis :D :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:58 pm 

Had to sell some to pay for those I bought over the Summer. Sold old stuff I no longer use to buy new stuff I might not use :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 pm 

larryflew wrote:
Had to sell some to pay for those I bought over the Summer. Sold old stuff I no longer use to buy new stuff I might not use :roll:

that sounds kinds familiar :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 am 

Depending on what it is you could try a couple of the bird hunting forums. They tend to like smaller gauge (16, 20, etc.) side x sides. If the barrels are damascus steel it will have a smaller market then if they are fluid(?) steel. Exposed hammers have a following as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 pm 

I want to thank you all for your input. I have sold it to a friend but I will keep your suggestions in mind if I sell another shotgun.

NRA & Minnesota certified instructor

www.mnpersonaldefense.com

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.