Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Range shooting question. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:01 pm 
on probation

ok well if you really think that im actting like im in high school go right ahead but im not going to apologize for specking my mind and telling everyone that i dont liked to be hit on by middle aged men and even though i decided to work here i dont have to take it maybe you should all grow up and stop hitting on me i dont know if rat guy was going to but it has happened and i dont exactly like it so really i have a pretty good reason to tell you that, i think at least and so do many others

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:51 pm 
Journeyman Member

Actually, we're thinking High School would be a big step up for both your grammar and your manners.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Range_Gurl wrote:
ok well if you really think that im actting like im in high school go right ahead but im not going to apologize for specking my mind and telling everyone that i dont liked to be hit on by middle aged men and even though i decided to work here i dont have to take it maybe you should all grow up and stop hitting on me i dont know if rat guy was going to but it has happened and i dont exactly like it so really i have a pretty good reason to tell you that, i think at least and so do many others

Hum,…. All this anger and defensiveness over this?:

Pakrat wrote:
hmmm, bill's has female employees... I may have to go to circle pines...

(1) How do you know if Pakrat is middle age?

(2) Who on this forum is hitting on you?

(3) If you’re an attractive female, working in a place that attracts (unfortunally) mostly male customers, this might not be the first choice of employment if you don’t like or want male attention.

(4) I’m sorry that you may have had a/some bad experience(s), but I expect most “middle age men” might just be enjoying talking to a young attractive female, without actually “hitting” on her. Then again, I might be wrong.

(5) At any rate, welcome to this forum. I think that you will notice if you take the time to read some or most of the posts here, you will see that everyone here is attempting to be very polite and considerate. Yes, some humor is part of it, but I can assure you that none was meant to offend.

(6) Please reconsider your response. We would love to have more woman as members of this forum and would appreciate a woman’s point of view in our discussions on various subjects. Most especially on how we can get our female friends and wives more interested in handguns, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:48 am 
Delicate Flower

Range_Gurl, Some of us on this forum try to inject a little humor now and then, which is what I think "rat" guy was doing. Please realize that not every guy is in a constant "hit on women" mode. JDR makes some good points and is worth a close reading.

Continue to speak your mind.....please. Just realize that sometimes things in print may look a little severe when they are not intended too.

:)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:58 am 

I think Pakrat was way out of line! I mean, come on, we all know what he was really thinking right?! He should be ashamed. You should all be ashamed! All you middle-aged men that go to Bill's just to hit on Range-Gurl!
This poor girl is only trying to do her job. She doesn't need you disgusting men ogling her and hitting on her all the time! This is reprehensible! Bill's should do something about this! Make a new rule and put up a sign "BILL'S GUNS BANS OGLING AND HITTING ON IN THESE PREMISES!" Or maybe just ban all men altogether, that might be best.

What an ego :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:05 am 
The Man

I'm going to put on my administrator hat and step in here.

Range_gurl, you're obviously either taking offense far too easily, or grubbing for advantage. Stop it. It neither serves your credibility well, serves your employer well, nor is going to be tolerated around here. You got off on the wrong foot here -- just cool off, and take it easy. Do remember that the only thing that people know about you here is how you behave here; behave better.

As to whether or not you have a right not to be hit on inappropriately and offensively, you do. But that's an issue that you should be taking up with your employer, as it is your employer who has an obligation to protect you from a hostile work environment.

If you'd like me to refer your employer to this thread, I'd be happy to; failing that, again, take a deep breath, and behave better. Even if you'd like me to do that, take a deep breath, and behave better.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.