Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Radio ads for carry courses? 
 Post subject: Radio ads for carry courses?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 pm 

Do many instructors advertise using radio ads?

I was messing with the dial on the radio today, and decided to listen to the Soucheray show for a bit. I was surprised to hear a very professional (and long) ad for a local carry course this weekend.

I think that it just shows how mainstream this carry business is getting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:09 am 
Longtime Regular

If my radio is on at all, it's tuned to AM1500. I haven't heard the carry course ad, but the First Shots ad was great. I hope they got/get a good turnout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:04 am 
Forum Moderator

I run an ad (about 30 spots) the week before I do a class at Sportsmans Warehouse in Fargo. It always pays for itself, sounds great, and generates interest. However, that is all that it does. Been doing this about a year...it is simply a way to get name out, reasonably inexpensively, but not any real participant generator....yet anyway ...

Newspaper ads, for me, have never worked. What has been very good is getting interviewed on radio talk shows or having a "news" article in the paper. That generally works well to both (a) getting the message out and (b) filling some seats in the class.

Of course, we all know the best "ad" is a personal referral from a satisfied class participant.

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I have heard BSGS slip into their ads.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Radio ads for carry courses?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 pm 

dismal wrote:
Do many instructors advertise using radio ads?

I was messing with the dial on the radio today, and decided to listen to the Soucheray show for a bit. I was surprised to hear a very professional (and long) ad for a local carry course this weekend.

I think that it just shows how mainstream this carry business is getting.

OKAY!!!

THAT'S IT!!

Everybody chip in for a giant inflatable Gorilla for Joel's next class in Woodbury!!!

And it ain't gonna be me, even if you promise to use nitrous oxide to blow me up!!! WHEEE!!!!

Seriously, that is GREAT news about the radio ads. Mainstream events with gun advertising (uhh, like the Serenity show...) are pure gold for us. And on that subject, either Terri Williams or Theresa Reiter have had a "ladies first timer's course" ONCE a year (in April) out at Oakdale, and this year they had to have two classes with 25 women each. Anybody want to donate some money, range duty, and guns to go for 3 or 4 classes a year?? It's a great experience!! tt??

Joel: Would you like to make an offer to Equality Now on this?? I'll help with the costs, hardware, and ammo at Oakdale if you want to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm 
Delicate Flower

yup....................terrie and theresa do a great job. Many of the Oakdale instructors pitched in last round. Good place to donate a carry class.

Count me in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:48 pm 

A fixture on late night and weekend television from the days of my youth. I'm honestly surprised this guy is still kicking.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynCsFZ3AS3E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ynCsFZ3AS3E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Edited to ask a mod to move this to a more appropriate location. Sorry, it's been a long night and day.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.