Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Enforcing no-smoking is hazardous........... 
 Post subject: Enforcing no-smoking is hazardous...........
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

Boxing champion shot in the head for saying 'don't smoke'

A bouncer was shot in the face at point-blank range after asking three men to stop smoking at a London nightclub.

Former heavyweight boxing champion James Oyebola, 47, was confronted outside Chateau 6 in Fulham.

One of the men produced a gun and fired several times. Mr Oyebolawho was also hit in the leg, is critically ill today in hospital and is under armed police guard. His partner and their two children are thought to be with him.

The 6ft 9in ex-fighter, known as Big Bad, had been working on the door of another club and had dropped in at Chateau 6 for a drink with the owner.

Witnesses said Mr Oyebola had politely stepped in to help staff who had asked the three men to observe the ban on smoking. "He wasn't being aggressive," said one.

"He pointed out that smoking was now against the law.

"He was just being a good citizen but the three saw it as a sign of disrespect. On their way out one pulled out a gun and began firing at James." The suspects, who

police described as three black men, ran off following the shooting shortly before 1am yesterday. A handgun was found nearby.

The rest of the article is at:
<a hrewf="http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23405562-details/Boxing+champion+shot+in+the+head+for+saying+'don't+smoke'/article.doc">link</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

England should ban guns.

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well... We can get kinda grumpy...

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

They banned guns years ago, is this another hoax?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Did somebodies say my name?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sick bastards........But a 6'9" boxer :shock: See he's in the wrong country, if he was here...............Basketball

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
Sick bastards........But a 6'9" boxer :shock: See he's in the wrong country, if he was here...............Basketball

Very true.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Re: Enforcing no-smoking is hazardous...........
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:32 pm 
On time out

hammAR wrote:
Boxing champion shot in the head for saying 'don't smoke'

police described as three black men, ran off following the shooting shortly before 1am yesterday. A handgun was found nearby.

The rest of the article is at:
<a hrewf="http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23405562-details/Boxing+champion+shot+in+the+head+for+saying+'don't+smoke'/article.doc">link</a>

Now if i was a gambling man i would have to say the suspects are Yardies. They have been increasing in #'s and getting more violent as of the last couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Aceq2jot wrote:
Now if i was a gambling man i would have to say the suspects are Yardies. They have been increasing in #'s and getting more violent as of the last couple of years.

....understood, but where do they get guns from............... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:44 pm 
1911 tainted

hammAR wrote:
A bouncer was shot in the face at point-blank range after asking three men to stop smoking at a London nightclub.

Didn't even realize there was a bar in London, MN. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 pm 
On time out

hammAR wrote:
Aceq2jot wrote:

....understood, but where do they get guns from............... :roll:

That is the Easy part :D Since the fall of the Soviet Union and the EEC bringing former republics into the fold, many people have traveled and emigrated. I have a couple of friends who bought Spreads in Lativia. There is a open market in Europe for fire arms from Russia which are easy to smuggle in, The there are members of the IRA have dug up caches of weapons and sold them. The last i heard a 9mm with two full clips was 100 pounds.

Now most of your Yardies are in the Drug trade and they have been importing crack into England, so in the on going Drug wars they have the money to purchase the guns. And the hardest part most of them sneaked into the country go by alias's and are real hard to track down as the Jamaicans dont give people up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:14 am 
Longtime Regular

France (spit, spit, spit) has no requrement for the registration of any single part of a firearm (Frame / Receiver) so ALL parts can be purchased without informing the government, but don't you put them together without registering the (now) firearm. Furthermore "Demilled" arms only require only that they are unable to fire in their present state, i.e. drill the chamber and weld in a nail. It is therefore a simple matter to buy a replacement barrel and fit it to reactivate some very interesting weapons (I wanted an MP38 but didn't have the cash)

Can anyone see how England might be importing a few extra handguns?
An estimated 2 to 3 Million by the Home Office's GUESS.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.