Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Odd range question 
 Post subject: Odd range question
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:56 pm 
Journeyman Member

Ok, lets take two gun examples.

Ket-tecPLR-16 and Kel-tec Sub2k. A handgun that shoots rifle rounds, and a rifle that shoots handgun rounds. At someplace like bvpistol that has rifle and handgun areas...where would you take each one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:17 pm 

It depends,if there is a backstop issue,ie can the backstop handle rifle rounds,then that is the deciding factor.Otherwise,it is just an issue of how far you want to shoot.
When Moon Valley was open,I wanted to shoot my scoped .44 revolver at 50 and 100 yds they said I had to shoot at the 25 yd berm because that was where the handguns go.I don't think they had ever seen a scoped handgun before and they were surprised at the effective range.
You will just have to check at the range you are using and what their limitations are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

From what I've seen, and despite the advertising, the PLR-16 is not a gun most people can shoot well at ranges over 25 yards from a standing position.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.