Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sgt. Dan May 

Sgt. Dan May should he get the Medal of Valor?
Yes  50%  50%  [ 8 ]
No  50%  50%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 16

Sgt. Dan May 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

After reading David Gross' letter to the Editor in today's Strib, I want to change my vote. If you believe David, and I have no reason not to, Sgt. May should have recieved the medal years ago. It seems that the council then caved into pressure and wanted a settlement rather than a trial to "calm the community." While there is a time and place for that, according to Mr. Gross, this incident was not it. I do feel bad for the May family as I am sure this is not easy for them.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:37 pm 
on probation

Brewman wrote:
It appears that Sgt. May has decided to return the medal.
A classy thing for him to do, under the circumstances, IMHO.
An acquaintance of mine knows his wife (shirt tail relative) and this is affecting his family quite a bit.
I suppose having all this PC crap going on takes away some of the honor of recieving this award.
I'm sorry but that's not classy, it's P.C..
Yes it's is affecting his family big time. I think its because you do not have a city that backs a cop when his RIGHT.
I know his wife been to they house a few times and his wife makes Damm good cookies. There more to this than what you see in the news.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.