Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Home Invasions 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Phil Hendrie - The Radio Ink Magazine Interview :shock:

In recent years, it has truly been in vogue for competitors of Radio, our listeners and even our own program directors to criticize the latest crop of our industry's Talk talent. Howard Stern spends precious on-air time discussing how people rip off his approach and fail to come up with anything unique or creative.

And along comes Phil Hendrie. Hendrie, originating from KFI-AM Los Angeles and represented by Premiere Radio Networks, is now heard on 71 Radio stations across the country, including WTKS-FM Orlando, WXRC-FM Charlotte and WCKG-FM Chicago.
Phil Hendrie finally provides Radio with a breath of fresh talent for the industry to inhale. He combines theater and humor in an extremely unique, funny and entertaining program that he's developed over the past 10 years.

The first time you hear Hendrie (which you can do on his website), you think he is simply having a telephone conversation with a lunatic guest, booked by his incompetent producer. Then, after a few hours of listening, you realize that Hendrie is actually having a conversation with himself - a very entertaining and humorous conversation, most of the time being executed error-free.

Hendrie, with his tiny staff, will pick a few topics from the day's news or from their personal lives, as most talk hosts do when preparing for a show. However, Hendrie creates real theater with his material. Once a topic is chosen, so is a guest. The guest, one of Hendrie's 20 voices, is put on the air via telephone while Hendrie (interviewing himself) plays the straight guy. Hendrie distinguishes himself from the guest by changing his voice and using background sound effects, as though the guest was in the car or at an event. Everything is done live.

And what makes the show even more entertaining is that some listeners across the country are hoodwinked. When Hendrie engages a caller, the listeners who understand the gig get an additional element of comedy: Now, not only is Phil's secondary voice humorous, but some callers actually believe the lunatic guest is for real and start challenging his or her argument.

It's an approach much different from any other Talk show on the dial. And as Phil Hendrie will tell you straight out, he will be Radio's next big star. :roll: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Big RobT you have been,bamboozled, hoodwinked, befuddled, bilked, conned, confounded, confused, deceived, defrauded, duped, hornswoggled, swindled, and tricked. And you took US ALL with you. Now the only question is, did you know when you first posted?

:lol:

That is all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:53 pm 
on probation

mo_the_mouse wrote:
Big RobT you have been,bamboozled, hoodwinked, befuddled, bilked, conned, confounded, confused, deceived, defrauded, duped, hornswoggled, swindled, and tricked. And you took US ALL with you. Now the only question is, did you know when you first posted?

Hello! I wasn't :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Except for Dad.

That is all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mo...........regardless of this particular stories reality or source, I think that BRT has an extremely valid point......how many of us are really prepared.

The idea of examining and discussing our level of individual preparedness is critical for self and family preservation (no I do not have a tin foil hat on) at ALL times, even when in our castle............ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:06 pm 
on probation

mo_the_mouse wrote:
Except for Dad.

Thank you son. Tell mom Hi. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Mo...........regardless of this particular stories reality or source, I think that BRT has an extremely valid point......how many of us are really prepared.

The idea of examining and discussing our level of individual preparedness is critical for self and family preservation (no I do not have a tin foil hat on) at ALL times, even when in our castle............ :D

No argument from me. I was just thinking how easily I followed along with the story, without really thinking about it.

Real life - 2 dog alarm for early warning, shotgun, and always something heavy at hand to throw if I need it.

That is all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
I call bullshit on this guy. What he claims to be doing is obviously illegal, and would almost certainly be met with violent response.

Seriously, even without a gun on my hip (I'm lucky to be wearing pants when I am home alone, let alone my gun) I'm not too worried. I always keep my doors locked, and anyone entering would need to get to me faster than I could get to my guns.

If anyone forcibly enters my home, I wouldn't waste my time with a handgun, I'm going straight for the 12-gauge. I've got one in the bedroom closet and one in the coat closet downstairs.

So ahh, Erik, You going to let us know when you are going out scenario based practice shooting and at what range so we know NOT to go there? :lol: :lol: I understand shooting in your underware is a totally different experience... :oops:

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Depends on which gun he has in his hand.......... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

And those men who have had "a certain operation" are at a disadvantage because they can only shoot blanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:30 am 
Forum Moderator

It's hard to believe someone could do that *once* and not make the national news, let alone do it multiple times and not end up shot or badly beaten.

I occasionally will carry at home, not because I carry at home, but because I've come back and am going out again in a reasonable amount of time. As a rule I don't carry at home because I don't think a loaded gun is appropriate to wear when playing with my 16 month old son on the floor -- to avoid the risk of an AD, demonstrate respect for firearms and to keep the peace with my wife.

I try to keep all the doors locked at all times, including the door between the house and the attached garage. My wife, who is from a small town in ND, foils me on this by all-too-frequently leaving the front door unlocked and occasionally open, even in the winter. I think it's a habit from ND where they often left doors unlocked.

Both my wife and my mother-in-law(!) have been locked out of the house by me. Not with any (conscious) malice, but because I opened and closed a door which I then locked out of habit but they had left open to walk the dog/run to the neighbors/etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

In my defense, I've never heard of Phil Hendry (Hendrie??) until that night. As far as the show goes, I was bamboozled, lied to, taken advantage of, deceived, or call it whatever. I find it laughable and sheer lunacy that a person or persons would go around checking front door locks. Someone at my door, shaking the handle that I didn't know would certainly result in a 9/11 call at a minimum. I am that "sheepdog" keeping watch over that flock of "sheep" (my neighborhood).

However, MY point was moreso are we prepared for that potential of a home invasion?? My front door is almost always locked unless I am expecting company. I don't normally carry at home, either. Usually, my weapon is tucked safely away unless I'm going back out shortly as others do. However, it is readily accessible and locked & loaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:04 pm 
on probation

BigRobT wrote:
In my defense, I've never heard of Phil Hendry (Hendrie??) until that night. As far as the show goes, I was bamboozled, lied to, taken advantage of, deceived, or call it whatever.
Now you know how it feel to be bamboozled, lied to, taken advantage of, deceived, or call it whatever. Don't feel bad my X-wife did the samething to me. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

lastgunshop wrote:
BigRobT wrote:
In my defense, I've never heard of Phil Hendry (Hendrie??) until that night. As far as the show goes, I was bamboozled, lied to, taken advantage of, deceived, or call it whatever.
Now you know how it feel to be bamboozled, lied to, taken advantage of, deceived, or call it whatever. Don't feel bad my X-wife did the samething to me. :lol:

last....did she have a sister?
If so, we may have been kind of related at one time...... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:00 am 
Delicate Flower

hammAR wrote:
lastgunshop wrote:
BigRobT wrote:

last....did she have a sister?
If so, we may have been kind of related at one time...... :shock:

or 2 sisters :?: :?: Sounds way too familiar :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.