Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Is this OUR Joel Rosenberg?? 
 Post subject: Is this OUR Joel Rosenberg??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
At the one NRA meeting I ever attended, we had Joel Rosenberg as a guest speaker. He's a southland businessman who was elected to the NRA's board of directors.

He kept reminding us that California is just one state out of 50.

Like a fool, I totally failed to offer the following rebuttal.

Yes, California is one state out of 50, but in terms of the American population, it's one out of 8, maybe one out of 10. Also, these 10% of Americans are in a crisis zone. We can't possibly need just as much attention as Vermont and Montana. They're totally gun friendly. California is a gun owner's nightmare, and the NRA should know that, as was the case with AWBs, our bad gun control ideas flow outward. Bullet serialization hasn't passed here, but that won't stop it. Already Boston's mayor is talking about it too.

As for the AR thing... well, I'll just step over it and get an M1A.

From this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182415

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject: Re: Is this OUR Joel Rosenberg??
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:20 am 
The Man

BigRobT wrote:
Quote:
At the one NRA meeting I ever attended, we had Joel Rosenberg as a guest speaker. He's a southland businessman who was elected to the NRA's board of directors.

He kept reminding us that California is just one state out of 50.

Like a fool, I totally failed to offer the following rebuttal.

Yes, California is one state out of 50, but in terms of the American population, it's one out of 8, maybe one out of 10. Also, these 10% of Americans are in a crisis zone. We can't possibly need just as much attention as Vermont and Montana. They're totally gun friendly. California is a gun owner's nightmare, and the NRA should know that, as was the case with AWBs, our bad gun control ideas flow outward. Bullet serialization hasn't passed here, but that won't stop it. Already Boston's mayor is talking about it too.

As for the AR thing... well, I'll just step over it and get an M1A.

From this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182415
Nope; it's another guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Cool, thanks.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:23 am 

At the library the other day, I noticed that there's another joelr that's a writer. *His* books didn't look nearly as interesting at *our* Joel's.

JB

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:57 pm 

Oddly enough, I too was looking up Joel R. at the library yesterday. I noticed they don't carry Joel's gun book, only his fiction. I was thinking that after we get the library straightened away on their illegal signage we should ask them to buy a few copies of the book. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:59 pm 
The Man

bab wrote:
Oddly enough, I too was looking up Joel R. at the library yesterday. I noticed they don't carry Joel's gun book, only his fiction. I was thinking that after we get the library straightened away on their illegal signage we should ask them to buy a few copies of the book. :D
On my list of things to do is to send the director of the library a freebie, as soon as the matter with Reaver is settled, one way or the other.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 pm 

Providing a free book would be generous of Joel. But I don't think he should have to do that. The library is ours, funded by our taxes, and I believe they take (if not requests then at least) input from patrons on the kinds of books they should carry.

I'd say 30,000+ permit holders is easilly a big enough group to justify them coughing up the dough to buy at least a dozen copies. I personally would feel better about my permit owning brethren if they had all read Joel's book, regardless of (or sometimes, especially because of...) who they took their training from.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.