Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mom shoots son - On purpose 
 Post subject: Mom shoots son - On purpose
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm 

Wow, just wow.

http://www.krqe.com/global/story.asp?s=8675146

Quote:
Cops: Mom shot son in self-defense

Posted: July 15, 2008 01:25 AM

Updated: July 15, 2008 08:29 AM

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A 42-year-old man smashed in the front door of his mother's home Monday evening and was met by a bullet from her .38 caliber pistol, Albuquerque police reported.

The son was hit once in the chest and is listed in critical condition at University of New Mexico Hospital. The mother, who is 61, was not arrested because police said the shooting was an apparent case of self-defense.

The shooting at 11516 Freeway Place NE happened during the dinner hour. Neighbors said they immediately knew something was wrong.

"I was sitting inside, and I heard some gunshots, what I thought were gunshots, but I've been hearing a lot of bottle rockets, everything else," neighbor Robert Milligan told KRQE news 13. "I came running out; I see the police hauling butt."

Police told News 13 the son went to his mother's home on Monday to retrieve some papers. When she refused to let him in he lost control and broke down the front door, according to police.

The mother told police that's when she fired her .38 caliber handgun. Police on the scene couldn't recall any recent domestic violence calls at the home.

Neither the mother's nor her son's names have been released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Whaddya bet their next Thanksgiving dinner is a little awkward?

I'd have hated to be in her shoes, for more than the usual reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 pm 

I can't imagine pulling a gun on my own child. I may meet him/her at the door with a "board of education", but I could never shoot my own baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 am 
Longtime Regular

I can't imagine my kids growing into something that would need shooting. However, I can well understand how it may be necessary.

A not-so-distant relative of mine had bruises all over her arms when she died. Those were from her alcoholic son fighting her to take away the money she set aside for her funeral so that he could buy more booze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

8) Shit happens!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.