Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Some common sense in Florida 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 am 
Longtime Regular

e5usmc wrote:
I'm surprised I missed this thread till today... I belong to a rather large metro congregation, as such I am part of my churches security/emergency response/first aid team. We have several full time LEOs, reserve officers, former military, licenced carriers, paramedics, nurses, etc. that make up our team. There is no major church event that isn't staffed by at least several from this group. We have a nicely stocked first-aid center (trauma bags, back boards, AEDs, O2, etc.) as well as a first rate dispatch center with the ability to see almost every square inch of the church campus via digital CCTV.

We have been praised time and again by our local PD, rescue, and ambulance service, on the occasions we have had to request their assistance, for our efficiency and professionalism during medical/security incidents. Furthermore, we like to think that for the reasons mentioned earlier in the thread, that we provide an important service to the members and guests of our church. We like to not be needed, but when we are, people sure are glad to see us...

Most interesting! Is firearm carry a recognized part of this team and a part of its training?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

Most interesting! Is firearm carry a recognized part of this team and a part of its training?

It's a fairly new phenomenon actually... Up until now it's been a pretty loosly-knit group on a whole. We are just now a big enough team that we are starting to be taken seriously, and we are more visible to the congregation due to our increased role in the security/medical scene. As such, we are now positioned to increase our level/rate of training. The use of force continuum (sp?) will definitely be reviewed regularly. I am hoping to press the issue of actual hands on training (verbal -> deadly force) as part of the 'curriculum'...

Our head of security has taken a very loose "don't ask, don't tell" position with regard to those of us that are permitted, but not LEOs. But it is difficult to hide certain things as you string your earpiece under your conceal garments :wink:, and everyone is okay with what is 'known' within the group...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.