Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Missouri Bullets Company - Lead Bullets 
 Post subject: Missouri Bullets Company - Lead Bullets
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am 
Longtime Regular

Not sure how this compares with what everyone else has found. But this is current information on a bulk by with this company. Just got this email from them today breaking down the prices. 12k bullets is their first discount threshold, I did not inquire as to the higher thresholds. Works out to about $0.066 per bullet, shipped and delivered. I've heard good things about the company and their service and products. I'll be putting in an order myself, but just wanted to give everyone else the heads up.

For anyone concerned, I'm not related to or receiving any financial benefits or otherwise for posting this, just putting it out there for anyone interested.

*ETA* This pricing was for bullets of the following specifications:

.452 Diameter
.45 ACP
200 Grain SWC - Plain lead, no jacket, no plating
(Comes in either BHN rating of 12 or 18, depending on your load velocity needs)
$34.00 per 500 bullets, from the website, 1,000 bullets is $78.85 delivered.

http://www.missouribullet.com/

Quote:

12,000 bullets with shipping would total $799.50 unless you live in Missouri since we would have to charge sales tax. We can fit 4 of our boxes in each USPS flat rate shipping box.

816.00 - 24 boxes @ $34.00 per box
-81.60 - 10% discount (12K discount)
-------
734.40 - Subtotal
+65.10 - Shipping (6 flat rate boxes)
-------
799.50 - Total

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Please feel free to contact us again if you need any additional information.

Jo Ann Alpert
Customer Service

Last edited by EJSG19 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm 
On time out

WHile they are out now, Metro had 9mm at 28 or 30 dollars a box of 500 just a week or so ago. the bullet caster will not be back home will spring, but they did have 38 and 45 at reasonable prices.

Lead has dropped down to where a guy should be able to make a box for 18 bucks again and still make money, but many makers stocked up thinking lead was gone, when it was only a temp price spike brought on by the Olympics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
...it was only a temp price spike brought on by the Olympics

The Olympics? How is that connected?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm 
On time out

Something like 40% of the worlds lead supply is smelted in China up wind from Beijing. In order to meet air quality standards that the IOC insisted upon after awarding the games, The Central Committee simply ordered the whole regions industrial core shutdown for months ahead in order to allow the wind to naturally scrub out the pollutants and clean the air.

The IOC has a history of pulling stunts like this thinking they are helping "solve" world problems, and in doing so, they have caused more issues than they have ever solved. while the air in Beijing was clean for a while, the entire area was plunged into near depression like conditions because impression was far more important than reality to the Government, and they offered no compensation to those affected by the shutdowns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the link. Looks like a good outfit.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:28 am 
Longtime Regular

Which caliber is that pricing for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:39 am 
Longtime Regular

Edited the first post to include bullet caliber amongst other information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:32 pm 

I have used their .38 and .44 bullets with great results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

I agree, I am nearly 90% through my first order of 1000 .45acp 200gr SWC.

Thoughts:
1. They are the cheapest Lead SWC I know of, and that is counting the price when they are delivered to my door. Per box of 500.
2. The cone is a bit longer than some SWC's, meaning the shoulder is lower down the bullet compared to other brands of SWC bullets. THis means you have less of a range of seating depths you can use for the Missouri Bullets. However, at COAL of 1.260'' they feed in my G21, and at 1.250'' they have fed in several of my friends' 1911's. So I think they are within acceptable specs.
3. The bullet lube they use is not very smokey compared to other brands I've seen. I'm using them with Universal Clays powder right now, and it works well in combination for me.
4. I'll be putting in my next order as soon as I get to test these in my fiance's new Kimber TLE 5'' (which I hope comes in the next month or two). Assuming the bullets work in both my Glock and her 1911, I am content to keep a stock of these on hand.
5. I've read nothing but good things about their service, and I have experienced the same. Questions by email are answered same day usually for me, and the shipping and packaging are first rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 pm 

They ship USPS Priority flat rate box, so you can get up to 2k bullets up to 240g for about $12 including insurance.

The day after I got my last shipment delivered to me at work, an email went out saying that the mailroom personnel will no longer hand deliver boxes of personal goods and no "dangerous goods" are to be shipped to the workplace. Guess they saw "Missouri Bullets" as the shipper and freaked. Maybe I'll explain it to them.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Rodentman wrote:
They ship USPS Priority flat rate box, so you can get up to 2k bullets up to 240g for about $12 including insurance.

The day after I got my last shipment delivered to me at work, an email went out saying that the mailroom personnel will no longer hand deliver boxes of personal goods and no "dangerous goods" are to be shipped to the workplace. Guess they saw "Missouri Bullets" as the shipper and freaked. Maybe I'll explain it to them.......

Well that or your lazy office mail man wasn't happy when he found he had to lift a 50 pound box. Little different than inter-office envelopes which weigh next to nothing. Suprised your employer lets you get personal mail there.

But back to topic. Yes the shipping is flat rate. So you want to order in increments of 2k (on 240 grains or less bullets) if at all possible to keep your shipping cost per bullet as low as you can. They come 500 bullets to a box, so that means, order 4 boxes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.