Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mayer Mobil Gas - Medina 
 Post subject: Mayer Mobil Gas - Medina
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:22 am 
First-time poster

Mayer Mobil Gas, 762 Highway 55
(Hwy 55 & 116) corrected

This always puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by polymercarry on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Actually it's on Highway 55 & County Road 116. :P

Post subject: Re: Mayer Mobil Gas - Medina
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:31 pm 

polymercarry wrote:
Mayer Mobil Gas, 762 Highway 55
(Hwy 55 & 116) corrected

This always puts a smile on my face.

Bond...James Bond.... BANG!

Thanks for answering my secret agent cell phone. :roll:

Seriously, I would drive further and pay more out of appreciation for a business toting a lawful attitude toward carrying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:48 am 

I'm almost happier about the cell phones part. There's been more than one occasion that I've wanted to scream when a clerk is trying to tell someone the total and they have to repeat themselves multiple times because the moron can't tell her girlfriend to wait thirty seconds while she pays for her Newports and Pork Rinds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:24 am 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
while she pays for her Newports and Pork Rinds.

You forgot those cursed lottery tickets.

The lottery: a tax on the stupid and poor. Thank God for pay at the pump or I would have had an aneurysm years ago. Heaven forbid I want a cup of coffee.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Right, because let's only protect the rights we find important, and meddle in the minutia of people's lives on the rest. :roll:

djeepp wrote:
I'm almost happier about the cell phones part. There's been more than one occasion that I've wanted to scream when a clerk is trying to tell someone the total and they have to repeat themselves multiple times because the moron can't tell her girlfriend to wait thirty seconds while she pays for her Newports and Pork Rinds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Right, because let's only protect the rights we find important, and meddle in the minutia of people's lives on the rest. :roll:

djeepp wrote:

I'm all about supporting the girl's right to talk to who she wants when she wants. I'm also all about my right to say, "Move it, ya dumb cow!" :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:27 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:

djeepp wrote:

Lest we forget the difference between a personal annoyance and a personal right.

If they become the same, personal rights will lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:

djeepp wrote:

I don't get it. Who said anything about rights?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Pretty clearly, a private place can ban otherwise legal behavior, including carrying.

We say, correctly, that places like that keep us from exercising our rights, and call it wrong, even if it's their prerogative.

Same thing goes here. Ban rudeness, not possession of a tool some use rudely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Pretty clearly, a private place can ban otherwise legal behavior, including carrying.

We say, correctly, that places like that keep us from exercising our rights, and call it wrong, even if it's their prerogative.

Same thing goes here. Ban rudeness, not possession of a tool some use rudely.

Agreed, though I think all of us see that implied. However, I'm sure the babbling idiot cursing loudly on their cell phone in front of a group of kids probably won't receive that implication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Like we do with merchants who ban guns: if you don't like their policies, then don't effing shop there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

djeepp wrote:
Agreed, though I think all of us see that implied.

So if you infer that <pre> cell phones are banned =~ rudness is banned</pre>does that mean that you can safely infer<pre> guns are banned =~ illegal use of firearms banned</pre>???

Let's not start debating the commonality of common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Absolutely. I just don't think it's all that awesome to applaud a merchant who makes one sensible rule and one kneejerk one.

DeanC wrote:
Like we do with merchants who ban guns: if you don't like their policies, then don't effing shop there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

mrokern wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:

djeepp wrote:

I'm all about supporting the girl's right to talk to who she wants when she wants. I'm also all about my right to say, "Move it, ya dumb cow!" :lol:

+1

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.