Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 New Bar/Restaurant in Winstead 
 Post subject: New Bar/Restaurant in Winstead
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

One of my friends is working on purchasing a bar in Winstead. He and his wife were over last night and I asked him if he was going to have one of those silly signs banning guns?? He said, "no, I'll just tell them to leave" if need be. I used that opportunity to explain the those of us who carry can't get drunk and most of us are pretty mild. All in all, he's not going to post and won't ban guns in his establishment. The anticipated name will be "Ernie's Bar & Grill" or something like that. He's hoping to open in mid-February.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:26 pm 
Delicate Flower

Sounds like "Ernie"would benefit from a Carry Class..........see what people are being taught. I think many instructors would allow an individual to audit (freebie) the classroom portion.....................who knows they might decide to actually get a permit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:10 pm 
1911 tainted

I think that everybody here knows my opinion on open carry, yes it is legal under state law, but I am an advocate of carrying concealed.

With that said, if I owned a business, besides a range or gun shop, but a restaurant, bar, bowling alley, or any none gun orientated business, I want the permit to carry holder to carry conceal. This is my right as a business owner, but I would in no way post my business, but if you want to flaunt your carry weapon, I will ask you to conceal or leave for the comfort (not safety) of my customers. If I was one of these business owners, my employees would be armed and carrying concealed to protect my business and my customers, but my customers would not know that my employees are protecting them.

My opinion, my right as a business owner, tell me where I am wrong. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
Sounds like "Ernie"would benefit from a Carry Class..........see what people are being taught. I think many instructors would allow an individual to audit (freebie) the classroom portion.....................who knows they might decide to actually get a permit.

Tom, He might attend one if offered to him somewhat locally, however, based on our discussion, I doubt that he's going to have time to do so in the near future. I told him that he could ask me any questions and I would find him the right answer.

Cobb, I don't disagree with you. If there are a people there that feel uncomfortable about guns, I would probably request the same. After all, a business owner needs to try to make everybody happy. Concealed generally appeases the sheep.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.